NEC Classic Car Show - November

Alfamale

Just got back. Me and our gert had a brilliant day. Seemed bigger and better than before with a lot of stuff I hadn’t seen before. Spoke to some really friendly knowledgeable people. Loved the FIAT 500 stand where they were building a car up over the weekend.

For the bah humbugs, yes it’s an expensive day out and it is a bit busy but it’s hundreds of acres dedicated to what we love in life. Getting to Lourdes and Mecca isn’t exactly cheap either but people who make a pilgrimage to those places don’t complain about the cost!

Back too. Enjoyed it a lot. Even if our feet were getting pretty sore by the end of it. Had a really good chat on the 1100 club stand. Also was good to see how a 1100 should be constructed.

Saw this too.

62f7def3e86318f63cdee01be985dd32.jpg

Only a mad person would be sat here navigating this to the NEC.

ece45ed9119108527e82b6a0661d8c63.jpg

Didn't take many other pictures of anything else to be honest as enjoyed the show more than anything.

Yes it's expensive to get in. Yes some of it I had seen last year. Yes there is a lot of MGBs and E-Types (even I was getting fed up of seeing them and I like them!). Yes it gets pretty busy (not rammed though). However there is loads to see and great fun.

Edit: Sorry Ms Kesley media woman. It wasn't at all intentional that I managed to frame your backside in that picture.

I reckon an Autoshite mob would probably have a lot of amusement trawling the 59328 acres of car parking outside the show. I remember meeting Supernaut and 17_Coffees there a year or two ago and I spammed them about a dozen chod photographs on the 20 minute walk to the show from car park Z or something.

I reckon an Autoshite mob would probably have a lot of amusement trawling the 59328 acres of car parking outside the show. I remember meeting Supernaut and 17_Coffees there a year or two ago and I spammed them about a dozen chod photographs on the 20 minute walk to the show from car park Z or something.

When we were there yesterday we noticed that there was very little of interest to spot on the way from the car park. The only two notable spots on the way in were a brown J-registered Audi 80 and a red Rover 75 V8 estate.

However, the show itself was absolutely excellent. It was a very long day but absolutely worth it.

I cannot list all of my highlights as there were so many truly excellent cars there, however random mentions go to the Vauxhall Viceroy from above, the red Montego Vanden Plas in Hall 8 and the 505 V6 on the Peugeot stand. There were loads more that I could name, but it would end up with a list as long as this page.

I should have taken some photos, however it was a full day of trying to get around to see everything, but I will be going back again to see more next year.

Early start for HMC

Found a suitable parking spot next to a more shouty relative....

post-4673-0-32822000-1541877148_thumb.jpeg

post-4673-0-27923100-1541877196_thumb.jpeg

There’s a lot more in common underneath that first appears, and the giffer spec saloon oddly has the more hardcore spec.

Had a great day, my feet are aching though!!! At an air b&b in the Malvern hills to break the trip up back to Devon.

PS I saw the trigsmobile too!

I'm annoyed I didn't note down exactly what this was; it had an 1800cc engine which may mean it was a later version; sure it was a Dodge so maybe not USA spec?

It is a Brazilian spec Dodge 1800/Polara. It bears a resemblance to an Avenger, but the rear side windows are a bit bigger and it was heavier than the UK made ones.