Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NEC Classic Car Show - November

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#301 ONLINE   danthecapriman

danthecapriman

• Full Members
  • 5,406 posts
  • 50 thanks
  • LocationWaterlooville, Hampshire

Posted Today, 11:06 AM

Those Krayford Crapis are nasty.

I quite like the actual car, though I’m not a convertible lover at all tbh, very nicely restored etc but I really don’t like the wheels on either! They don’t suit the car at all imho. The blue one especially, it looks like a lovely early 70’s car that someone has shoved some big very 80’s alloys onto. Rostyles or dartboards etc etc would look much nicer.
I find the Ford ‘scene’ and especially the American car ‘scene’ are particularly bad offenders for terrible taste when it comes to wheels! The original style or figment wheels of the time are lovely and work well on the cars.

As rightly said though, it’s a personal choice and they’re not my cars! Still great to see them.
1973 Mercury Marquis Brougham 429 V8
1974 Ford Capri 1.6 L
1984 Ford Transit 2.0 100L LWB high roof
1988 Volvo 740 2.3 GLE estate

#302 OFFLINE   PiperCub

PiperCub

• Full Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationLow & slow right over your head!

Posted Today, 12:47 PM

attachicon.gifpost-10228-0-72954000-1542137006.jpeg

That might be a TiX, the 1982 Alfa GB limited edition based on the 95 bhp 1.5Ti to clear stocks. I had a chocolate brown one, UPH425X. That one hasn't got the (not unobtainium) lower body decals though but it's got the white grille.

They were almost all unregistered 1981 built cars that were tarted up. 

FFS knock it off will you? I had enough 'wantage' over the 'Sud that was on Wheeler Dealers last night, now you present me with this? I had three plus a late 1700 Sprint and would love another. 

• The Reverend Bluejeans and inconsistant like this

#303 OFFLINE   inconsistant

inconsistant

Rim Embellisher

• Full Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted Today, 02:06 PM

An acquaintance back in the 90's had a Convertible Mk1 Capri, not a Crayford but apparently a genuine Ford commissioned one that never went into production. He reckoned they only made a few and his was the only one left. It was white with a black bonnet and had Rostyle wheels IIRC. Had an odd numberplate too, lots of 'o's or zeros I think.

924: Likely to dislove a bit slower than anything elas on my chod for a gran list

"It did indeed require a certain, not too small, amount of social courage to be seen riding this unconventional bicycle. One could be sure that everybody would be looking, some with great amusement."

"The problem with the automobile today consists precisely in the fact that the automobile is not a problem... Love only rarely listens to reason." Wolfgang Sachs, 1984

http://autoshite.com...esire/?p=467251

#304 OFFLINE   HMC

HMC

Feckless Idiot

• Full Members
  • 3,979 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationDevon

Posted Today, 02:52 PM

-OO is often seen on hq registered vehicles, so that mirrors the story.
1992 Renault 19 GTS-X
1997 Citroen Xantia
2002 Rover 45 spirit TD “S”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users