WBOD 2017, show us what ya got for omgsnokaos

barmatt

Well the council finally got a snow plough down our street yesterday evening.  Which had worn down to two dry stripes of road with some slushy snow in the middle.  The plough spread the slush out to a nice even film ready to freeze overnight.  They might as well have had a Zamboni following the plough (just a plough, no gritter) around...road went from "perfectly fine" to "can hardly stand up on it" in the space of about ten minutes.  Well done guys...

All melting now and raining.  Fingers crossed it doesn't just get wet then freeze again or that will be all sorts of fun in the morning.

Everyone I've spoken to on our street have all given up on getting to work tomorrow.  I have dug a path from the end of the road up to the Astra.  It is still snowing but I am hoping it will be driveable by Tuesday.

There have been a succession of OLLI 4x4's driving up the lane to the summit much to the irritation of the locals who are just waiting for someone to demand a tractor to assist.  I wouldn't have minded but they drove straight past me and a neighbour trying to push a Skoda Yeti out of harms way.

+1 Terrano m9

Well the council finally got a snow plough down our street yesterday evening.  Which had worn down to two dry stripes of road with some slushy snow in the middle.  The plough spread the slush out to a nice even film ready to freeze overnight.  They might as well have had a Zamboni following the plough (just a plough, no gritter) around...road went from "perfectly fine" to "can hardly stand up on it" in the space of about ten minutes.  Well done guys...

Had the plough not made it to your street, no doubt you'd have complained about that too.  

If you're under the impression that someone goes out from "THE COUNCIL" with a clipboard checking YOUR STREET to see whether it should be ploughed, recalibrate your expectations.  And who do you think drives the snowplough?  Yup - the same small team of hardworking blokes (fewer than last year, due to THE CUTS) who drive the gritters.

Bit of credit and gratitude where it's deserved, eh?