WBOD 2017, show us what ya got for omgsnokaos

barmatt

Here is my WBOD in actual OMGSNOKAOS

post-18217-0-62125500-1512807759_thumb.jpg

(Not pictured: The massive indentation in the front garden where I'd parked it, the spinning wheels as I tried in vain to get it off said front garden, Mrs_brownnova having to push whilst I rocked it back and forth to get it off said front garden, huge mudbath that is now the front garden)

The Chaos word was very much used by North Wales news outlets, schools were closed, and nuns and kittens endangered.  However, really it wasn't that bad, I remember going to school in much worse when I were a lad. 

My WBOD is the Honda, equipped with Nokian WeatherProof all-season tyres.

post-3690-0-84761700-1512809147_thumb.jpg

It got a bloody good test in Shrewsbury yesterday, with the tyres performing very well in slush and fresh snow. Compacted slush that had turned to sheet ice was still a struggle, but I could pull away where others were seriously struggling. Only foolish power application broke traction for me - something I'll do from time to time in such conditions to test levels of grip.

The main difference is stopping power. So much more security.

I should be visiting OMGSNOWCHAOZ today when I drive down to Brum. The forecast says it's been snowing there since yesterday...

I've got nice cheap summer tyres on the Saab and too much torque for a turbot auto... it'll be fine as unlike most people I see trying to drive in snow I discovered if you push the throttle less then you get less power to the wheels...

just 2 things of concern with this pic

1. folded mirrors when cold should not be achieved with electrickery for fear of "the snapping noise"

2. stop showing off with your Type-S wheels you bugga :whacky055:

Funny enough I haven't had the snapping noise when its been frozen. Had plenty of times when the car wash knocks it and I use the electrical foldy mechanism to reset it. Doesn't half make you flinch when it does it!

Those alloys were actually a bit of an happy accident. I bought them as I needed some alloys for winters. When I got them fitted, I realised that they actually looked much better than the standard 5 doors. Can't remember how much I paid, but it was definitely under £150 for all 4 shipped...

Here you go, these are available (funny enough not far from me either): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-mk8-06-12-Set-of-17-alloy-wheels-and-tyres-225-45-17/122829773890

Two of those look like they need a refurb though.

I should be visiting OMGSNOWCHAOZ today when I drive down to Brum. The forecast says it's been snowing there since yesterday...

I've got nice cheap summer tyres on the Saab and too much torque for a turbot auto... it'll be fine as unlike most people I see trying to drive in snow I discovered if you push the throttle less then you get less power to the wheels...

4 inches of OMGSNOWKAOS outside my window in Dudley. Don't know what Brum is like but no better me thinks.

I'm going to Tescos with the chains on to see what other silly buggers are doing. I love chains when its like this.

4 inches of OMGSNOWKAOS outside my window in Dudley. Don't know what Brum is like but no better me thinks.

I'm going to Tescos with the chains on to see what other silly buggers are doing. I love chains when its like this.

Same in the middle of Brum. Dead easy to drive in though, the Saab is designed well for it. Odd that considering where it comes from...