WBOD 2017, show us what ya got for omgsnokaos

barmatt

Just to point out that in BAD snow, the argument is irrelevant between 2WD or 4WD cars. In BAD snow only a full size 4x4 will work, as anything with less ground clearance will belly out and go nowhere. I have had a LR90 with snow tyres stuck on a road with all 4 wheels off the ground. The winch was needed many times.

I live in the NE of Scotland and lived in Norway for the best part of 10 years. I have had hundreds of cars, of all drive configurations. My winter vehicle of choice? A classic Range Rover. Sadly due to financial constraints it is currently a reliable* P38, but will be back to a Classic soon.

Now that's the voice of experience in real snow. Funny how it favours the type of car obviously best to 90% of people on here...

In preparation i got this clean but tired carina for much cheapness, it had borewash, no wipers and no mot, while getting it on the road i acquired the gratis rover 220 of many. I said i would let the rover go for nothing but im sorry to those who had shown interest but it drives soooo much better than the carina in everyway so ill be keeping it for now.

22406267_1372498892872772_61933443363527

tyres are all ancient and all need changed which might help the driving experience.

I had a rover 214sei years ago and after getting rid i said i would never get another so to say i was shocked with the 220 is an understatement! drives well and its a nice place to be and i was enjoying using it until........

24131234_1416000928522568_20441871613156

Shit picture but i was going through a contraflow and a lorry on the other side was hitting every cone scattering them everywhere and as it passed me one twatted the wing, balls.

Its now out of tax and mot so ill put it in for one and take it from there, until then im using the carina.

post-5335-0-48575600-1512096249_thumb.jpg

I did mean to get some winter tyres on my steels before the weather turned, but that didn't happen and probably won't happen.  The tyres that are on it are okay even in the actual snow as I found out when driving through it shortly after the above picture was taken.  Shall have to hose off the underside quite often to prevent it all going a bit alka seltzer, I don't want a repeat of the Princess weldathon.

I also lived in NE Scotland for nearly 10 years so experienced a good amount of snow . I agree that a small , light fwd car with not much power is ideal for an inch or two of snow . Proper deep snow with drifts etc calls for a proper full size 4x4 with locked diffs and big ground clearance

This probably if it gets through the mot in December easily enough.

37416931481_0c3b4a4074_c.jpgDSC_0682 by srblythe, on Flickr

This for long trips

37413567015_41fcf5bd74_c.jpgDSC_0489 by srblythe, on Flickr

And this for everything else.

37455249075_787923dcfd_c.jpgDSC_0644 by srblythe, on Flickr

The rover has been replaced with a proton which just passed its mot with no advisories. 1b99a42b9bcbf50ed99fa39a86ef03cd.jpg

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Just to point out that in BAD snow, the argument is irrelevant between 2WD or 4WD cars. In BAD snow only a full size 4x4 will work, as anything with less ground clearance will belly out and go nowhere. I have had a LR90 with snow tyres stuck on a road with all 4 wheels off the ground. The winch was needed many times.

In BAD snow round here (rural North Yorks with many hills) nothing can get through until a tractor with plough clears the route. There was an occasion when I passed a recently-abandoned Land Rover in a drift, its driver and passenger were on foot. My vehicle had reasonable ground clearance, good tyres and a flat bottom - the deep drift had only been crossed because of a combination of speed and the streamlined undersides.

But sure, little or no drifting with lying soft snow does mean there are a few extra inches before a Land Rover or similar will stick fast. It's the ground clearance, power delivery, vehicle underside together with the tyre tread, compound and dimensions which make much more difference than the number of driven axles, unless you're towing.

The local OAP with the all-agro`s told me he`s got an FC sitting in his garage, I`m hoping to see it at some point.

Oh yes?  Looking forward to hearing

Owned a 101 Estate ten years back, sold it as collector who wanted it and offered (what seemed like) enough.  Probably wasn't.

This FC though, what with the outcome of the BLUE Aggro, if you do get to see it could we keep it it off FB and away from the speculating masses?  I can't get anywhere to view things in weekdays, due to job!

For those shitters amongst us who are investing in snow tyres, i cant praise the aptly named "sunny" winter tyres enough.  ime they are fantastic, i run them all year round, in summer they have the added bonus of providing an "American movie" soundtrack when pressing on.  :)

After 3 faithful years my Shogun's injector pump has finally failed so I have done the sensible thing and decided to park it up til spring and buy something else for nowpost-19511-0-42500200-1512559455_thumb.jpg

This'll do

Needs a few jobs but all easier than removing a Shogun injector pump!

Some rot on the tailgate but tidy otherwisepost-19511-0-76679600-1512559581_thumb.jpg

Temperature guage broken so it has this aftermarket one fitted instead. Its so bright I will have to take the bulb out I reckonpost-19511-0-66824100-1512559652_thumb.jpgpost-19511-0-87603500-1512559670_thumb.jpg

Radio doesn't work but it has a built in hazard switch. Great.post-19511-0-83942800-1512559730_thumb.jpg