WBOD 2017, show us what ya got for omgsnokaos

barmatt

I bought this yesterday for my daughter, she has yet to pass her test so I'll stick a set of winters on it and enjoy 65mpg

post-17701-0-94448200-1506871860_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the gumtree style pic but its pissing down, It cost me £150 and is pretty much mint, I like buying cars off rich people!

I'll face my fourth winter in my Fusion, and the 2nd without a working heated front screen.

Remarkably little rust for a 15 year old Ford, but have slopped some waxoyl around the rear exhaust mount area.

Two new Yokahamas about to be ordered for the front though to replace the knackered Maxxis.

I actually bought this in August 2016 for 16/17 WBOD season from ebay for £160 but it continues to serve me well so it has rolled over into the current 17/18 year.

I always believe that if you look after something it will look after you so although I raised some eyebrows by having the timing belt and water pump changed soon after I bought it, together with the radiator, Ive had my moneys worth by now as it only needed 2 number plate bulbs for its MOT in March.

Its never going to win what is obviously an ongoing Autoshite popularity contest but I think it evokes the sentiment of the concept. Its undesireable, is French, has torsion bars and inacessible dashboard controls.

post-3238-0-58563100-1506874004_thumb.jpg

i'm planning on using my usual mount through winter, assuming that we don't get loads of snow and ice

post-18270-0-20437800-1506873826_thumb.jpg

if it gets really bad, then i intend stopping at home and sending Kerry off to work as she has this

post-18270-0-28327000-1506873899_thumb.jpg

and i can see this thing been bloody lethal in even the slightest bit of the slippy stuff

post-18270-0-19663100-1506874064_thumb.jpg

strangely enough, kerry says if it does get really bad with snow and ice, she thinks I'M going to work in the little gay jeep, while SHE stops at home!! i dunno how that might work.....

the two little cars will sit the winter out, the Mini locked up in its lockup, while the Metro will be wrapped up under it cover on the drive.

With winter fast approaching our thoughts turn to putting away our most cherished* chod and smoking about in something we don't mind getting covered in icy, salty road smegma.

I have been doing quite a few more miles than usual lately so I've been thinking about selling my Ford Exploder and buying something more economical, (who needs a 4wd in the winter) Cue the chap I share workshop space with, he's got an old bmw 530d sans mot but apparently only needing a little fettling to get it back on the road.

With very little negotiation the deed has been done and I now own this...

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

From a cursory inspection it will need a set of tyres, a low pressure fuel pump and the handbrake needs tampering with (I suspect new shoes as the po said he's adjusted them up for the last couple of mot's). In it's favour, it's got full leather, loads of toys that all seem to still work and it's a manuel for ease of driftage..

Wcpgw? a 180hp rwd wagon to smoke about this winter.

I think we could turn this into a bit of a competition for the most unsuitable wbod, the winner will be chosen by the numbers of likes and silly comments and the prize will be some bits of motor related tat I find in the workshop.

So, what you got for the upcoming silly season?

Puts 4wd away for winter but buys highish power/torque estate RWD instead???

True to the forum.

8,16,37 for me when the time comes.

Puts 4wd away for winter but buys highish power/torque estate RWD instead???

True to the forum.

8,16,37 for me when the time comes.

I don't think I'll ever beat my wbod of 2 years ago when in the November I sold a perfectly good V8 RRC and bought a knackered Scimitar gte as its replacement.

I haven't decided yet. I have the 306 DTurbo, which would be the sensible choice. However, I'm getting itchy feet for a change, and once I start my new job, I should have a bit more cash. Add to this my ongoing urge for an RX8, and things could get messy!

I haven't decided yet. I have the 306 DTurbo, which would be the sensible choice. However, I'm getting itchy feet for a change, and once I start my new job, I should have a bit more cash. Add to this my ongoing urge for an RX8, and things could get messy!

They are delightfully miserable in even the smallest amount of snowfall, and a salted road will mean the entire braking system turns to a solid lump of rust... it’s perfect!

I put a whole lot of free weights in the boot of my RX8. Gave sufficient traction to get it off the drive after snow fall. Still slid everywhere when driving.

However as it had traction control, it was far less skiddy to drive than my wife's MK3 MX5! That stayed on the drive until the snow melted.