PTSD Cruiser sold pending collection

D Spares & Tyres

Maybe...

Got a possible viewer coming tomorrow....

Thank fuck for that.

Last night I went to bed thinking, hmm I fancy a long drive - maybe if Tom is available I can visit Ludlow and have a gander at this abomination (trains are shit today and tomorrow), hand over cash and agree a later collection date when the trains aren't shit next weeked.

Thankfully he has a potential buyer lined up.

I do still harbour impure thoughts about owning one of these. I was chatting to my mates at work and they all said, universally, 'hearse' or '30s gangster car'. They unequivocally agreed, however, it was definitely a Clayts car...

No times have been set. Nothing is set in stone. First 2 c will bye

Will review situation when I get up in morning - will PM you now ;)

I'm supposed to be looking for an estate. Three cars on my want list currently ? This, one saloon and another hatchback....

• 2 weeks later...

Bad* news everyone, I know many* of you were keen* for a roffle, but I am reliably informed that this ve-hee-cle has been sold....

...to me.

A comical test drive with learner driver gear changes and a quick scoot around the lovely Shropshire countryside occurred this AM and twas love at first sight (not sure how you can love a car whose face only its mother could love). 

Unfortunately OMGNOTTINGHAMTRAINSTATIONFIREKAOS meant I had to drive down to meet Tom to view the PTSD, and he's kindly agreed to stash the car for later collekshun. Cash money paid and he's promised* not to weigh it in.

Lovely to meet you Tom - could have spraffed with you all afternoon :)

Thanks mate - Tom was telling me the history of this car, sounds mega-interesting (especially filling the coolant tank with river water in the Alps). 

I do love a back story for cars wot I own - the rally colours suit it, but black is much better in my opinion (have an aversion to silver 'average Joe schmo' colour schemes).

If you find any more keep 'em coming :)

Just ordered a back copy of that Ludlow Ledger for coupla quid