PTSD Cruiser sold pending collection

D Spares & Tyres

Forgot to say, if this is diesel (mine was) they seem to have a tendency for the MAF wiring to be a bit shit. The plugs snap or the wires fray at the plug. This can lead to it not starting. If this happens, give it a wiggling and it usually clears it until you can rewire.

the upright position of driving seemed quite nice, yeah the trim was a bit shit but the thing that annoyed me was i had leather seats, and theyre like computer chairs. The slightesy bit of body roll and you end up sloding off the seat into the handbrake.

Took mine fishing a few times and maybe achieved 44mpg ish? Sold mine to a mate and he fucked it. I fitted TT alloys and in hindsight they looked shit. Stick with the OEM ones. One of the only cars i had that connected to one of those cheapo ELM327 bluetooth adaptors off ebay for fault scanning.

When i had it i did an oil change with 10w/40 meant for large ship diesel generators.. worked a treat. Lost the oil cap somehow in the process and never found it.

Went to start the thing today and it had a totally flat battery

First thought: ignition barrel ( thanks lankytim )

However it turned out I had left the sidelights on. The poxy thing bongs at me all the time anyway for all sorts of things so I must have just assumed it was telling me off for having a door open or something.

It obviously has never heard the fable of the boy who cried wolf...

12 months MoT as of this morning

A couple of advisories but nothing major

It now has Audi A3 wheels off an A3 I broke up a few months ago. It drives much better now it has some squishier rubber. The previous 17 inches were too hard and followed imperfections in the road.

I would have kept them on til they wore down but one was borderline legal and I wasn't willing to buy another

May paint them black, haven't decided yetpost-19511-0-90461300-1507663761_thumb.jpg

I'll sort the advisories, fit crank pulley and maybe tax it in a few weeks when they are done

Roll up, roll up

Who wouldn't want a PT Cruizer Stretch limo? https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/chrysler-pt-cruiser-stretched/16887412

Nobody? There's a surprise :)

Bonus points for fingers over the camera.

YWQwNzZkNWYxZGU3OWIzNTY3YjdlOTdlOWNhN2Qw

Is the middle bit not meant to line up with either the front or back doors?

Badly screwed together, or sagging? Both?

Gr8 news that it's made it through another test, Jason will be delighted.  Looks like it's first one for years that it hasn't previously failed on some part of the antiroll bar.  Did you have to fix much for the test?

Nope, just greased some brake pipes and changed an injector seal as it was pissing diesel out ( or so I thought )

Turns out that whatever butcher who had changed the seal on no.1 injector had somehow bent the short steel fuel line so it would no longer seal. It was filling up the area where the injectors sit and was bubbling around no.3 injector, so although it did have a very slight leak, most of the problem was caused by the bent pipe. Slackened it off, tapped with a hammer to straighten it and its fine now.

I am utterly unable to be embarrassed by anything that I have driven. One guy many years ago went to town on restoring a Dolomite, he fitted a mopdern engine and he did a fantastic job. 

He painted it black and had some very subtle flame outlines painted on in satin black. The way it was done looked amazing.

I am utterly unable to be embarrassed by anything that I have driven. One guy many years ago went to town on restoring a Dolomite, he fitted a mopdern engine and he did a fantastic job. 

He painted it black and had some very subtle flame outlines painted on in satin black. The way it was done looked amazing.

There used to be as customised Dolomite in this area too. Dark red metallic. Beautifully built car. Haven't seen it for ages but I don't go to car shows much. I hope its still about

• 2 months later...

Was keeping this as a spare car but mum doesnt want the Corolla i bought her so would rather keep that asnd sell this so if anyone wants it they can have it for £300

10 months test

Drives well. Needs a crank pulley as its noisy on tickover, and a ball joint as it was an advisory

Location, Ludlow Shropshire

105,000 miles

Very tidy interior.

I have fixed the dent on the wing

Gawd help me I seem to be drawn to this thing....

Hopefully there'll be a stampede of some other suckers potential buyers on here that'll enable me to banish any such impure thoughts from my head.

I have not* being looking at reviews on Youtube or train timetables (not too bad, 3 hrs or so, 2 changes). Nor have I have been amazed at just how much space there are in these things when you shift the seats around....