Do you have to pay the final ebay charge on selling a car?

Station

My ebay auction came to a very surprising 340 quid, and looking through the insertion fee amount( £8 ) I found out there is also a 20% final fee! That makes £68 has to go to cuntbay on top of the 8 quid for allowing me to advertise on their wretched site. Obviously, I don't want to pay these crooked bastards anymore money than the insertion fee so is there any way to avoid it? :):twisted::twisted:

Pogweasel can help here - if the buyer is up for it, you can both cancel the transaction in some way (after you get the money and he goes away with the motor, of course!) and save the FVF. The bloke I bought one of my 405s from did the same thing but I have no idea how it's done. It just means neither of you can leave feedback.

http://rebulk.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... teReason=2

That's the link to cancel the transaction to save FVF's.

There ARE sad, pathetic pro-ebay tossers out there who will comb the net looking for folk 'encouraging' this sort of activity. Strangely these folk also hide behind 0-rated accounts on the eBay community forums. Tragic.

Anyway, IF you go down this road (which I couldn't ever personally endorse, of course!) I would suggest that you 'go halves' with the buyer - i.e. split the FVF reclaim down the middle, OK so you are still paying something, but not as much and not to a faceless corporation. Heck, just off ther bloke a fiver off or a couple of cold ones / freshly made clangers in exchange for a 'dubious' cancelleation. What do you have to lose!?