JohnK's Volvo - 740 GL 'E' Reg - Now belongs to JohnK.

cpjitservices

Once I have it sorted and on my drive, I'll make a list of what it needs, the first task will be a new rear silencer - £20 off ebay so thats sound for MOT in November (presume its a fail).

Secondly, the fuel gauge will need to visit that most likely, and no backlight on the dash (Fuse?).

Most annoyingly, Sunroof has been sealed shut. Will need to find out why. I quite like a sunroof. Though could be more ag than its worth.

Secondly, the fuel gauge will need to visit that most likely, and no backlight on the dash (Fuse?).

More than likely it's the bulbs that have failed. I've had my 740 for 5 years and I've done several bulbs. It's not hard to do them.

Do have a quick reccy at the fusebox though.

Timing belt looks to be one of the easiest ever. And they're cheap.

Have they crossed the earths on the speakers? And is this the era of car where there's a fader lurking outside of the radio, so only stereo wiring to ISO, then four speakers on a fader which may or may not cope with the loads?

Timing belt looks to be one of the easiest ever. And they're cheap.

Have they crossed the earths on the speakers? And is this the era of car where there's a fader lurking outside of the radio, so only stereo wiring to ISO, then four speakers on a fader which may or may not cope with the loads?

Ive no idea and no idea ow to check, wiring in cars is not my strong point.