JohnK's Volvo - 740 GL 'E' Reg - Now belongs to JohnK.

cpjitservices

I didn't get as far as going inside the seats, mine had a broken wire at the thermostat plug.

That's what's wrong with mine. Well, passenger side one anyway.

The wire connection inside the plug had corroded and and fallen out of the plug.

Btw, that nappy idea is a bloody good one! I never thought of that. Mind you, I don't have kids so...

That's what's wrong with mine. Well, passenger side one anyway.

The wire connection inside the plug had corroded and and fallen out of the plug.

Hmm, the driver's seat heater doesn't work on my grey 740 estate... have to check that and also the routines in the video Richard mentioned. It would be great to get it working again. Passenger seat is OK, but so tricky to drive from that side...

• 4 weeks later...

Cheapo tyres are a false economy, unless you really can't afford anything better. I speak from practice of both sides of the coin. The very nearly new Pirellis and Contis I fitted in the summer, I'm very happy with, despite expectations of self destructing Italian crap. I'd have been doing well to get four new boots for the price, and they'd have been Hwa Fong Slidemasters for sure.

Barum and (ironically) Landsail seem to be the better brands of cheapies, they've done me ok in the past.

I had a set of 5 brand new Goodyear's fitted to mine not long back and they're bloody lovely!

The old tyres were ancient on the rear, rock hard and perished/cracking and up front were cheapy jobbies. The transformation is amazing, I know it's a 30 year old estate car but it's true! The grip is much much better and they ride so much more comfortably and smoothly. Money well spent imho.

Depending on todays development, depends on whether the Volvo will up for sale or not. 

I have been offered an S type without MOT, however I know the car, its had a complete engine overhaul in 2015 by Jaguar themselves. Despite having no MOT, its done 47 miles since the last one (Owner lives abroad). 2005 plate and it is a good example!

we will see how to day transpires! 

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Chris...

RichBraith and I had a run out to Hull yesteday to collect this, it’s been pushed into daily duties already, just need to decide what to do with the E39 now!

Original wheel trims are in the boot which will be fitted today to tidy her up a bit and then we will go from there.

post-19231-0-60150300-1516010195_thumb.jpeg