Now swapped small hatchback for my XM!

FakeConcern

It's not more powerful than a 1.4 Mk1 Clio (if that really is important to her), but it is a hell of a lot more reliable. It also had a full service before I laid it up in the yard while I worked on other vehicles.

Never failed to start and has never broken down. Rediculously good MPG. 250 miles from here to London in about half a tank.

ICE wise it has a basic CD player radio and I replaced the speakers, which were all original and blown, with some basic new ones. Nothing that'll pop your ear drums but not tinny factory speakers either.

If that is not to her taste I have a pre-facelift Nissan Micra in resale red that's also up for sale at the same price so I'd consider swapping that too. It's ultra reliable too and a bit quicker than the Corsa due to being newer and has power steering (the corsa does not), but the MPG is not as good.

One is better than the other in some ways and worse than the other in others. They're both good cars.

I was going to offer my other small hatchback, the fair wife's 944 until she pointed out to me that again it only has three doors and she would part my testicles very slightly using a meat cleaver if I was to get her a 'piece of floaty French shit'.

She's just told me that even though she really wants 5 doors, she'd put up with 3 on a 944!

Thanks Vulgalour and MikeKnight, I have no control over and cannot predict what Mrs Concern will like the sound of! At the moment she like the Modus and Panda. By the way, the Clio was 100% reliable up until the point the timing belt snapped!

That's perfectly okay  ;-)

The Corsa and Micra I have are really perfect first cars for someone just passing their test, but someone who's been driving for a while may find them a bit poverty stricken and lacking in oomph. 

• 3 weeks later...

So Mrs Concern approved of the Moodus and a swap was swapped! Thanks to Mr & Mrs Yellowperil!

I'm missing the XM already!

Moodus. I like that.

It was very nice to meet you and Mrs Fakeconcern.

I keep going into the front room just to look out of the window at the XM.

I took her to work today and had the most relaxing ride home ever.

Glad you like it! I love the look of the XM. Of course I still have a proper* Citroen full of quirky character that I love looking at too!

Shame it didn't look its best by the time we got to you, I did try as the last photos I took of it show, it looks really lovely when clean!

Washing

post-19512-0-49132000-1508871961_thumb.jpg

Front view posing

post-19512-0-81377300-1508871882_thumb.jpg

Side view posing

post-19512-0-54425400-1508871904_thumb.jpg

Rear view posing

post-19512-0-28361100-1508871925_thumb.jpg

Saying goodbye to Friend

post-19512-0-76618400-1508872113_thumb.jpg

*None of this up & down suspension nonsense