Honda 250 Super ( wet ) dream

twosmoke300

I'm selling the superdream that has been in our family for at least 10 years

All up and running / riding - motd until may .

I'm very original condition , would make a nice short distance commuter but would be nice to see it go to someone that would use it as a base for an easy resto .

New battery , chain / spkt kit and oil / filter change in May z

I have some small period pannier with it as well as the original rails.

Looking for £750 and it's in cornwall . I could deliver a reasonable distance for some monies. I may have van space on my way up to Liverpool in mid oct.

post-17246-0-06721900-1506177726_thumb.jpg

Me too.

I bought mine with 24,000 on the clock, replaced the borked rear shocks with some I had lying around in the garage, rode it for 6 months or so then sold it to a courier who put 30,000 more miles on it. When he'd done with it I bought it back, got a fresh test on it & then sold it again for twice what I first paid for it.

Happy days.

My dad had a Super Dream in the early 80's so I would be quite tempted if it weren't for the fact that the current license laws seem to render 250's pretty pointless :( (From how I understand it I would need a full license to ride it in which case I might as well get a bigger bike).

My dad had a Super Dream in the early 80's so I would be quite tempted if it weren't for the fact that the current license laws seem to render 250's pretty pointless :( (From how I understand it I would need a full license to ride it in which case I might as well get a bigger bike).

Don't dismiss 250s out of hand - I've been up to 400cc twice now and come back to the Helix each time. Admittedly I've just bought something with a 700cc motor, but that was purely on looks :oops:

I had one of these back in the early 80s.

I wore out an Avon Speed Master rear tyre on it.

We called it the Fridge,

('cause with the Speed Master on it it handled like a ...)

Changed the tyre to a Conti, transformed the bike.

My girlfriend of the time was learning singing at The RNCM, she used to practice her scales etc while riding pillion.

A bus queue in Salford was utterly bemused at her singing while we waited at the traffic lights...

Change the rectifier/regulator every 25000 miles.

Don't dismiss 250s out of hand - I've been up to 400cc twice now and come back to the Helix each time. Admittedly I've just bought something with a 700cc motor, but that was purely on looks :oops:

HANG ON!

You bought that DN thing on LOOKS?

• 1 month later...

Just fit a 125 conversion piston...just a piston with a hole in it and some blanking plates, seriously they were a real thing when the 125 learner laws came in :)

125`s are out now as well, you're limited to a 50cc if you passed before 2001 these days (I found this out when I went to buy my mates Honda CD125 Benley twin.. The bastards..)

125`s are out now as well, you're limited to a 50cc if you passed before 2001 these days (I found this out when I went to buy my mates Honda CD125 Benley twin.. The bastards..)

Benley you say??.....tell me more 

Well it depends when cat B was passed, for some they need to do a CBT before their full moped entitlement is active:

4819083473_5eb617eee8.jpg

Code 122

I think the cut off date was 2001, until they introduced that rule all car drivers could ride a 125 on L-Plates, as Eddie says, thats now down to 50cc if you dont want to do a CBT every 2 years, & I dont...

Around the same time they removed 7.5 ton entitlement, & you even have to pass a test for towing a trailer if you passed after 2001 now.

Since I cant get a sexy sounding 125 twin now I`ve decided I`m going to get a C50, but the prices have gone through the roof (+ C50`s are now rare, & because of this bollocks rule I cant look at C70`s or C90`s either). I like cubs, but I`m not gonna pay the equivalent of 4 decent Punto`s for one..

Since I cant get a sexy sounding 125 twin now I`ve decided I`m going to get a C50, but the prices have gone through the roof (+ C50`s are now rare, & because of this bollocks rule I cant look at C70`s or C90`s either). I like cubs, but I`m not gonna pay the equivalent of 4 decent Punto`s for one..

My bro has a chicken chaser. So I occasionally break out singing "You little CUB" to the music of "You Little Thief".

23845292452_a03f7ab66f.jpg

Honda Little Cub 14 by E Honda, on Flickr

Worked out at 975 quid - because 2014, because exchange rate, because lives Japan, because before 8% purchase tax. MRRP now is  ¥216,000 inc p.t.

Around the same time they removed 7.5 ton entitlement, & you even have to pass a test for towing a trailer if you passed after 2001 now.

I don't know when the rules about riding 125s changed, but the cut off date for grandfather rights to 7.5 tonners and trailers was 31st December 1996. I should know, I turned 17 in June '96 but didn't get round to taking my car test till Feb '97 (ironically, because I thought it was more important to beat the cut off date for the bike Category A2 licence).