Done with old shit.

The Reverend Bluejeans

I have learnt the hard way with shite and this is my advice.

Keep one decent well maintained car for everyday use, with a spare one MoT'd ready to go, just in case.

If you just want a decent classic car that only needs minor fettling occasionally then buy a decent one to start with, its far cheaper doing it that way anyway.

If you enjoy the restoration side of it then get a project but endless hours of welding and spannering are soul destroying if all you really want to do is drive and polish it.

I lose my mojo occasionally but it doesn't matter, it always comes back when the weather improves!

I don't miss the old days messing with the sole everyday car on a Sunday evening just so I could get to work on a Monday!

I don't miss the old days messing with the sole everyday car on a Sunday evening just so I could get to work on a Monday!

Totally agree with this statement, I don't miss relying on a shitty HC Viva with a Pinto as a commuting car. I now walk to work so even if all my cars shat themselves simultaneously I still would not be stressed.

Years ago a Sierra with a 1256 Viva engine turned up on the eBay tat thread, would that have been the engine out of your Viva?

Possibly but the Pinto was already in it when I got it so no idea what happened to the original engine. I would post a picture of it but can't access Photobucket at work :(

• 3 months later...

post-25339-0-71082700-1518888103_thumb.jpg

I really wish I'd hung onto this bought with 6 months test unseen off evilbay.

Ran it till test. .. went straight through to my amazement tester even commented how good it was....and pointing over to some french chod saying that thing over there 10 years younger and has around 20 fail items.

Had the feeling that it would run forever super smooth baderbox and really comfy seats....I'd have driven that to anywhere on the globe.

Ended up being resold on evilbay to a guy in Poland. ...one day a artic arrived and off it went.....would have another in a heartbeat.