Hello and er, welcome... I hope.

xtriple

Welcome back.

I'm curious about the track rod end boot, surely it's just a generic one they bought for less than a fiver

It probably is, they just charge Bentley prices. Apparently it was in a really bad place so an utter ballache to fit and required a few other bits shifting to get at.

Welcome back XT, sadly a short while back we lost forum member 'oldford' to his cancer, an all round top bloke. Going to miss his dry humour

Oh boolox, that's sad :( I recall when he said about his illness that ... Always seemed a nice chap.

When I had my spirit the ball joint dust covers were silly money, but I bought a bag of assorted boots and it had 4 in that were perfect for less than a tenner the lot. Talking of Rolls Royce's I have my old Shadow back in for a brake fluid leak. One of the height adjuster valves is leaking, £20 for a bag of O rings they know the art of ripping people off. The good news is values are really picking up now so at least any money spent on these old buses will come back if you ever sell.