Cheggers

D701 SWL but I couldn't take a picture

VehicleLAND ROVER DEFENDER 110

MOT valid until13 June 2007
RegistrationD701SWL
Fuel typeLPG
ColourBlue
Date registered17 June 1987

Check if there's a safety recall on this vehicle that hasn't been fixed.

Incorrect details?
MOT history
Date tested14 June 2006 PASS
Mileage133,191 miles
MOT test number2639 5556 6476
Expiry date13 June 2007
Advisory notice item(s)
  • Nearside Front Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2)
 What are these?
Date tested14 June 2006 FAIL
Mileage133,191 miles
MOT test number6746 1576 6165

Reason(s) for failure
  • Offside Rear Tie bar/rod has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
  • Nearside Front Brake pad(s) less than 1.5 mm thick (3.5.1g)
  • Offside Front Brake pad(s) less than 1.5 mm thick (3.5.1g)
  • Nearside Front position lamp(s) not working (1.1.A.3b)
Advisory notice item(s)
  • Offside Drag link end ball joint has slight play (2.2.B.1f)
  • Power steering pump has slight seepage from a component (2.3.3b)
 What are these?
Support links

Open Government Licence

All content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0, except where otherwise stated

I just saw this beauty in Braşov, Romania. No idea what is is, but I'm pretty sure it's my best/ shonkiest spot ever

Dacia 1307 Double Cab. Both cars are with the diesel engine from Renault, from the last part of the production (the diesel was in use between 2002 and 2006).

The white cover was fitted after purchase, as is the aluminium one in the Surrey picture.

Mine was a Blower Bentley being used as a tow car for a race track mini on a trailer. Unfortunately I was driving and unable to get a picture. This lapse will haunt me for the rest of my days.

Like this?

post-16950-0-97097400-1505917928_thumb.jpg

(edit: taken from Practical Classics Facebook page, I can't take credit for this I'm afraid!)

Central exhaust was notorious for gassing 2cvers in traffic!

My gran had a red 1100 ( black vinyl interior) that was written off when parked outside our house in '79 I think, when a white princess drove straight in the back of it. Woman driver was drunk - at lunchtime! I was 7 and remember reanacting it with my corgi cars.

Oh, my gran was more concerned about her tartan shopping trolley in the boot. Being in the trade ( sec. at a Vauxhall dealer) there was always a cheap trade in to buy.

I think it has to be the immaculate and ultra base spec Daihatsu Charmant I saw in Cyprus a couple of years ago, so far the only person I have shared the photo with is Hirst formerly of this parish, must see if I can find it on the computer.

Either the immaculate CX hearse glimpsed only once outside the hospital where I worked about 7 years ago, or the professionally-converted Maestro ice cream van glimpsed only once at the petrol station where I worked about 7 years before that. No, I didn't have a camera of any description on either occasion.

I think it has to be the immaculate and ultra base spec Daihatsu Charmant I saw in Cyprus a couple of years ago, so far the only person I have shared the photo with is Hirst formerly of this parish, must see if I can find it on the computer.

Here you go! I'm sure there's loads of stuff that trumps this but memory ain't what it used to be, and it's been a while since I've seen anything OMG near where I live.

post-132-0-52259400-1505934278_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-89299600-1505934313_thumb.jpg

To be fair there was a reasonable amount of low hanging fruit still evident in Cyprus, though the best stuff was clearly not on the road any longer. Must do a spot thread!

Head and shoulders above the rest and I put it on here about 3 years ago but it has got lost in the mists of time, but someone came out of the supermarket in Tenbury, loaded his shopping onto (there was no into :) ) a 1913 Sunbeam racing car and roared off :o I have also spotted a few months later, but unfortunately didn't have my camera with me, a young women with a couple of small children in tow doing her shopping in that same town in a vintage Bentley on oily rag condition. I would love to think that she also used it for the school run :) Do I win ?

These might rival the UAZ.

This 1977 CX Safari used to belong to a family friend and when it was new it was owned by the director of, and starred in an episode of, The Return Of The Saint. It was black at the time and in the show it was owned by a doctor, it was stolen and he was run over by it I'm sure. It was in the 1978 episode "The Arrangement". I can't find it but I'm sure I have a photo somewhere of a Series 1 Land Rover that was also in the show and driven by Rooger Moore (I think).

9698257032_8f6c621984_k.jpg

1977 Citroën CX 2400 Safari by MattLikesCars, on Flickr

Edit: Here it is in the show!

8327680224_591fa2dee9_z.jpg

ROS Citroen Screenshot by BaskingsharkGTX, on Flickr

Here are some proper WRC rally cars I saw back in 2012. The farthest forward one was driven by rally legend and nine time WRC world champion Sébastien Loeb. They probably cost £500,000+ EACH so with the truck we're easily talking over two million quids worth of vehicle.

9698240348_928dbc520f_h.jpg

Lots of Money on a Trailer by MattLikesCars, on Flickr