2001 E39 528i, ZX Turbo Estate, Damaged 2002 Golf

BavarianRetro

I've a low mileage (87000) W reg E39 528i here. Not the worst. Needs a water pump. I'm assured it hasn't been overheated. Still good MoT. £250 if you're quick, before it gets the cats cut off and fragged.

If the engine turns out to be borked, I'll buy it back and frag it, but I've known the guy for years and years. If he tells me it's not been overheated, it hasn't been.

There's also a ZX Turbo Estate available. It doesn't run, but will apparently. Same guy tells me it's a cracking engine, but there is a fuel leak from the pump. Looks a decent car actually. Not obviously rusty. I'm guessing, but something just into three figures (no decimal point) should prise it away from him.

Then there's a damaged 2002 Golf. Spares I'd say with a good engine. Does start and drive I believe. Same sort of pricing I'd guess.

All located South Lanarkshire.

ZX Turbo definitely worth a look.

It's a shame to weigh in a low mileage E39 - they are genuinely tremendous cars. The last non ///M BMW that you can say that about until the i8.

But it's worthless. Utterly worthless.

I would love to try an E39 of my own and think they are good looking and good driving cars. A friends did rust in the sills under the plastic but it took 17 years to happen and he has had it repaired.

Now how big can a large letter be!

It's auto and it's a 2001W. Looks pre facelift to me, but I'm not certain. 2001W should be facelift? I've a manual box and pedal box.

On a 528? I thought facelift = 530i?

E39s are wonderful. Possibly the best design of executive car from that era, great balance. Shame they rust/HGF/develop wiring gremlins so easily really.

528i will be pre facelift = facelifts with new wheels, side strips, headlights etc were 2.2, 2.5 and 3.0 starting 2001 X.

They were a tremendous thing. Got to be automatic, bollocks to manuals. Yes, the box 'might' go wrong but E39's are worth fuck all and they drive 11'000 times better as an auto.

Where in South Lanarks are you? I have a few free days. And a good used water pump liberated from a freshly sold E34. Have you a reg number pls?