Everyone's reading the Belmont Express

Zantimisfit

As part of our current  house decontenting process (anyone want anything that you might find in a house that is of zero value and should have been chucked out 20 years ago, let me know....its yours!), I came across this 'newspaper' celebrating the launch of Vauxhalls ungainly new Belmont. Its an 8 page broadsheet full of compelling reasons to acquire Vauxhalls latest wondercar although its noticable that it doesn't contain any photos of the opposition, for reasons I can't comprehend.

post-19620-0-37100800-1505760921_thumb.jpg

post-19620-0-83829200-1505760955_thumb.jpg

post-19620-0-42560900-1505760978_thumb.jpg

post-19620-0-07074700-1505760997_thumb.jpg

Someone on here must have a Vauxhall Belmont, the  car that introduced a whole new genre between the 'saloon' and the 'hatchback'......the 'hunchback'. If you want it let me know, otherwise I'll send it to the National Archives in Kew (via the bin!)

I remember those Belmonts as courtesy cars, I thought they were bloody good, and the boot really was huge.

But I like saloons. Hatchbacks are too practical compromised for me.

EFA 

Yesterday I needed to take an old gas cooker to the tip.  I had the choice of 3 cars.  Mx5 - strange but boot is too small. Omega Saloon - Should have bough the "Caravan" or lastly Bini - It Just fitted.

I was lent a Mk3 Saloon in 2.0 CD spec when my 1973 Beetle was in the garage to have a few more month of life teased out of it.

I took it down to London to go to a punk festival (dead punk me, turning up in a car with faux wood door cappings and velour trim). Every time I hit 90mph the EML came on. I phoned the garage when I got there and he said "that only comes on when you're going too fast. Stop going so fast".

It was lovely though. I did Nottingham to Cambridge to London to Cambridge to Nottingham, and it just lapped it up. Quick, comfy and quite nice to nap in on the A14 when I realised exactly how tired I was.

I took it down to London to go to a punk festival (dead punk me, turning up in a car with faux wood door cappings and velour trim). Every time I hit 90mph the EML came on. I phoned the garage when I got there and he said "that only comes on when you're going too fast. Stop going so fast".

Laugh.