Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

1981 Suzuki SC100 GX "Whizzkid" - It's time for it to move on to pastures new :( - More foto's added

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Heidel_Kakao

Heidel_Kakao

• Full Members
  • 696 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationBrierley Hill

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

driveway.jpg

This will be a fairly rambling for sale thread so apologies in advance.

Car is located at a Birmingham B23 postcode for any interested parties.

It is finally time for me to put the SC100 up for sale, I became resigned quite a while ago to the fact that I will never have the motivation to get it back on the road but kept putting off advertising it even though I had pretty much sold it in my mind.
An SC100 almost became a dream car for me to own once I became aware they existed. My very first car was a 1981 Suzuki SJ410 which shares the same engine.

I acquired it on 22-09-2010 off Ebay for £1200, in a few days I will have owned it for seven years. When purchased it was a runner with an MOT but I don't think it had been used much. I used it a fair bit initially and had to work through a few issues. I had to have the brake calipers refurbished professionally by BIGG RED as they were sticky and it also now has Goodridge braided hoses, I had the radiator recored, the wheels were refurbished and probably other stuff.

When I was out and about in it I got attention like nothing else I have ever owned, people find it hard to believe how small it is even though it's six inches longer than Mini. Everyone either wanted to buy it or know more about it, the only thing I have owned that came close in terms of drawing attention was my Allegro.

Wetsuit.jpg
This photo was taken within a few weeks of purchase on a trip to the seaside at Barmouth, you can tell it was nearly 7 years ago as I still just about fit in my wetsuit and have short hair. The bull bars which are an original dealer fit accessory make an ok seat and are handy for pushing it with too. Lots of people hate the look of the bullbars but I really like them.

I realised once I had a proper poke around that it was not as solid a car as I had originally thought. I paid a guy £500 to fix the MOT failure rust on it but they did a pretty rubbish job which left me a bit disillusioned, I would recommend the buyer cutting it all out and doing a proper job if you have the skills to do so.
It developed an engine issue which is why I took it off the road originally, it just wouldn't run. I suspect ignition, or timing but I could be wrong. I started rebuilding a spare engine I have for it but predictably ran out of mojo before I finished so that is still in pieces but will come with the car.

When it comes to selling price I would like to get at least £1000 for it. Feel free to tell me if that is stupidly high or even if I am underpricing it. There are so few of these things around that I found it hard to judge how much they are worth. They are a pretty cult car but rarity does not always translate to being valuable which I understand.

I think it's still a viable car for someone who has the skills to get it back on the road. Or just wait four years and it won't even need an MOT which I half heartedly though about doing myself but I think I would rather see it restored to it's former glory and let someone else get some enjoyment out of it.

I have actually had both my greyhounds in at at the same time which was hilarious but it's such an impractical car that I would probably hardly use it nowadays even if it were on the road.
The most recent MOT expired March 2015 so it has not been on the road for a while now.

I have a few more recent pictures that I will add to the thread later as I am at work at the moment. I will also get a lot more detailed photo's this weekend hopefully. I am going to add some more old photos and stuff as well because I would like for this thread to be a tribute and place to store my memories of ownership for posterity. I will miss this little thing once it goes to a new owner :(

My mother has not been bugging me about getting rid of it so much recently but I did promise that it would be gone by the end of the year. I think it will need a trailer to collect it and probably a van or large estate as tow car because it comes with a good amount of spares including front and rear screens, exhaust, spare engine in pieces and a lot of other bits as the guy I got it from had broken a spares car.

SC100's have gotten some quite good press in recent years.

https://www.carthrot...ve-ever-driven/

http://jalopnik.com/...zkid-1686159850

Also one used to appear in Classic & Sports Car as one of the contributors owns/owned one and used to update fairly often how he was getting on with it.

Attached Images

• IMG_20170915_142124.jpg
  • IMG_20170915_142145.jpg
  • IMG_20170915_142213.jpg

• ProgRocker, AngusToledo, Bren and 12 others like this
1981 Suzuki SC100 GX "Whizzkid" (broken and off the road)
1990 Proton Aeroback 1.5 GLS
1993 VW Corrado VR6
1996 Citroen XM 2.0 Turbo VSX auto estate
1996 Citroen XM 2.5TD VSX manual estate

#2 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 35,465 posts
  • 126 thanks
  • LocationI'm not a racist, I'm merely supporting my country! and central locking

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:21 PM

Where's Dave_Station gone? Right up his street this.

• Minimad5 likes this
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#3 OFFLINE   Braddon81

Braddon81

• Full Members
  • 217 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationGower

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

Have you any better pics of it in its recent state?? ☺️

#4 OFFLINE   garethj

garethj

• Full Members
  • 4,553 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

I've had two of these and they're absolutely brilliant to drive. The steering is really direct and the engine zings along plus you get more dials in front of you than a Cortina 1600E.

Rust and gearbox is the main worry, the engine is the same as the SJ jeep or the little Sooty van

The Porsche 928 is terrifying, yet oddly alluring. It's like spending the night with that Jo Frost Supernanny woman

#5 OFFLINE   kinkersaab

kinkersaab

• Full Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationaberdeenshire

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

suzuki pic.JPG

Ace car. I have this one coming my way hopefully when the original lady gives it up. Bull bar too.  :)  Glws etc etc

Attached Files

• Barry Cade., Heidel_Kakao, ProgRocker and 1 other like this
My car cost less than your one loses every month..... Who's the knob?

{C}http://s745.photobuc...x95/kinkersaab/

#6 OFFLINE   Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

• Administrators
  • 779 posts
  • 142 thanks

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

I'm curious what anomaly occurred in the posting of that ^^ that resulted in a text file containing only the text "sent from my iphone" to be uploaded alongside the picture.

#7 OFFLINE   kinkersaab

kinkersaab

• Full Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationaberdeenshire

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

Bacause i am simple...and when sending the pic from my phone to my computer, i then tried to ad the txt to the post rather than the pic..or somthing like that. 

My car cost less than your one loses every month..... Who's the knob?

{C}http://s745.photobuc...x95/kinkersaab/

#8 OFFLINE   Heidel_Kakao

Heidel_Kakao

• Full Members
  • 696 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationBrierley Hill

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

Where's Dave_Station gone? Right up his street this.

He had one before IIRC, blue it was.

attachicon.gifsuzuki pic.JPG

Ace car. I have this one coming my way hopefully when the original lady gives it up. Bull bar too.  :)  Glws etc etc

Nice! Bull bars are for winners. You could get ones for the rear too but they seem much rarer.

Have you any better pics of it in its recent state?? ☺️

Just added a few more & will be putting up a ton more hopefully this weekend. I may even wash it too!

1993 VW Corrado VR6

#9 OFFLINE   Barry Cade.

Barry Cade.

• Full Members
  • 3,171 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationWear the fox hat

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

I had a silver one as my first car, then a black one that I sold 23 years ago to pay for an engagement ring.... Would love another but I know how they rust- still have a pair of rear trailing arms on back order from 1993.. Will they ever turn up?

• Lacquer Peel, DVee8 and egg like this

2001 Polo 1.0
2004 Fiat Panda Eleganza

2003 Mercedes Vito camper

#10 OFFLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 4,866 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

I didn't even know these things existed. Reading the title I thought it was a motorbike.

If I had the money available, welding skills and it was possible to get any sort of part for it, I'd be right over it.
Current Fleet:
1974 MGB GT - A stereotypical classic car.
2007 Honda Civic EX CTDi - The reliable runner that is like the family pet.
2010 Aldi A4 - Owned to placate the wife on my crap buying

My history: 2003 Clio II 1.2 16v (First car), 2003 Honda Civic 3dr 1.7 CTDi (Isuzu lump), 1992 Mazda MX5 1.6, 2005 Mazda RX8 192bhp, 2005 Saab 9-3 1.9TiD 150bhp, 2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDi, 2004 Renault Scenic 1.6 Auto (Now Kiltox FiL), 2004 Saab 9-5 2.3t (Now Hooli), 2004 Smart Roadster 80bhp
Wife history (that she used/owned but I had frequent use of): 2002 Renault Clio II 1.2 16v (Billabong!), 2006 Mazda MX5 1.8, 2004 VW Golf 1.6 FSI, 2005 Renault Scenic II 2.0 (went bad from the drive back when buying it!), 2002 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 16v (now phil_lihp ex-colleague), 2005 Renault Laguna II v6 (Now angle)

#11 OFFLINE   New POD

New POD

Apologising everyday since 1990

• Full Members
  • 3,891 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationFormby - Just around the corner from MikeR

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:27 PM

In 1989, my wife's sister gave her a blue "Flying ZIT", which was very very rusty above the engine. And it Burnt oil like a 2 stroke.

It had a white Vinyl interior.  I remember almost passing out when servicing it on a hot summers day, because you had to change the spark plugs from the back seat.

We had an issue whilst on holiday near Snowdon, in that it started leaking coolant from a short hose at the front. We taped it up and eventually ended up on Ynys Mon at a Suzuki garage (at the top of the hill above Menai Bridge (about 300 yards from where my sister now lives)

They told us they could get the hose for £67 (in 1989) and it would take 8 weeks.  It was at this point that I began to hate the welsh generally.

We then went to an old style motor factors in bangor, (at which point I realised not all the welsh are bad) and we were allowed to root around there basement where a pipe off a morris 1000 was found and purchased along with some hose clips. Then off to b&q to buy some copper pipe, and a hack saw. and the back to the camp site, where a dry stone wall provided flat stone to act as axle stands, before effecting a permanent repair for about £6.70.

Back in Birmingham about a month later the gearbox destroyed itself and we got £35 scrap. How I regret that we didn't just put it away for 20+ years.

• Heidel_Kakao and somewhatfoolish like this

#12 OFFLINE   New POD

New POD

Apologising everyday since 1990

• Full Members
  • 3,891 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationFormby - Just around the corner from MikeR

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

I didn't even know these things existed. Reading the title I thought it was a motorbike.

If I had the money available, welding skills and it was possible to get any sort of part for it, I'd be right over it.

You couldn't get the parts when they were new, but it revs like a motorbike. And sounds like a sewing machine at 85 mph.

#13 OFFLINE   Barry Cade.

Barry Cade.

• Full Members
  • 3,171 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationWear the fox hat

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

I still have the scald marks on my left thigh when the main front to rear coolant hose burst on the M90 at 60MPH- drenched in boiling coolant whilst trying to make the hard shoulder with the windows all steamed up whilst screaming in pain... Same engine was in the Rascal van so mechanicals were easy to get,and easy to tune.. Janspeed did a turbo version, one on ebay last week with a ZZR1100 motor :) I used to come down on many mornings to find mine turned 90 degrees in the drive by my mates on the way home from the pub... hilarious- the first time.

Also learned the fine art of what is now called "driftin" at 17. sideways everywhere ..

• Heidel_Kakao and Lacquer Peel like this

2001 Polo 1.0
2004 Fiat Panda Eleganza

2003 Mercedes Vito camper

#14 OFFLINE   Magnificent Rustbucket

Magnificent Rustbucket

• Full Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationCheshire, UK

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

The Wizzkid is one of the few small cars I like. They're lovely little things.

1992 Jaguar Sovereign

#15 OFFLINE   Exiled_Tat_Gatherer

Exiled_Tat_Gatherer

• Full Members
  • 176 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:39 AM

Love these........ only ever driven one once - and it was hilarious. One of those on my 'must have one day' list.

No idea on price at the moment (but I can 'take it off your hands etc.. etc...) as a lot seem to be restored already or as above - converted one way or another.

I'm watching - closely! Logistics be damned!

edit - that being the Brierley Hill near Halesowen? Just to confirm.....

• Heidel_Kakao likes this

#16 OFFLINE   Heidel_Kakao

Heidel_Kakao

• Full Members
  • 696 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationBrierley Hill

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

that being the Brierley Hill near Halesowen? Just to confirm.....

Yeah that is where I live, the car is located 12 miles away at a Birmingham B23 postcode.
1993 VW Corrado VR6

#17 OFFLINE   Heidel_Kakao

Heidel_Kakao

• Full Members
  • 696 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationBrierley Hill

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:41 AM

http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2047675.l2557

Looks like the spare exhaust it comes with is worth £100 on its own! They are like rocking horse shit though.

1993 VW Corrado VR6

#18 OFFLINE   Bren

Bren

• Full Members
  • 5,814 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationI dunno man - i only just got here meself!

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:52 AM

Looks ace but not sure about the bull bar - looks as useful as an ashtray on my 'busa.

#19 OFFLINE   Heidel_Kakao

Heidel_Kakao

• Full Members
  • 696 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationBrierley Hill

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

Looks ace but not sure about the bull bar - looks as useful as an ashtray on my 'busa.

No you are right it is completely pointless but I do like the look. Kind of how Mini Mokes look cool with the bull bars on them.

1993 VW Corrado VR6

#20 ONLINE   Nibblet

Nibblet

• Full Members
  • 2,606 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationGlouchestershite

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

Good luck with the selling of this go cart; avoid Evilbay...prior to my involvement with a green Saab the 'Whizzkid' was a car I had considered for weldage and general restoration. I was unaware that they were available with the 2 cylinder motor, also that LJK Setright was an owner and advocate of the diminutive Suzuki, at least according to Wikipedia.
1972 Volvo 164 (quite nice)
1972 Saab 96 (pond algae green)
1988 Benz 230E, it's red, very red.
1994 Volkswagen T4 1.9D Max powah

#21 OFFLINE   garethj

garethj

• Full Members
  • 4,553 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:24 PM

RWhizzkid001.jpg

RWhizzkid002.jpg

RWhizzkid004.jpg

RWhizzkid006.jpg

RWhizzkid008.jpg

RWhizzkid011.jpg

RWhizzkid013.jpg

RWhizzkid012.jpg

• Heidel_Kakao, Lacquer Peel, Junkman and 3 others like this

The Porsche 928 is terrifying, yet oddly alluring. It's like spending the night with that Jo Frost Supernanny woman

#22 OFFLINE   jackytwoshoes

jackytwoshoes

• Full Members
  • 926 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationThat London

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:33 PM

Good old LJK. It's interesting looking at those list prices- one forgets, given the prices of 2CV's these days, that they were ever a budget option.

'72 DAF 66L

'82 Fiat X1/9

'13 LML Star (Daily) 

#23 ONLINE   Nibblet

Nibblet

• Full Members
  • 2,606 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationGlouchestershite

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:39 PM

Do you think perchance said Wobbledollier of this parish bears resemblance to the great man?
1972 Volvo 164 (quite nice)
1972 Saab 96 (pond algae green)
1988 Benz 230E, it's red, very red.
1994 Volkswagen T4 1.9D Max powah

#24 ONLINE   MattLikesCars

MattLikesCars

• Full Members
  • 2,771 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationSouth West Scotland

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:38 PM

quite good press

Car Throttle

Jalopnik

Okay.
  • Lacquer Peel likes this

#25 OFFLINE   RoadworkUK

RoadworkUK

Ranking Roger

• Full Members
  • 3,405 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationBy Watts Linkage

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

Jebus, Carthrottle?

Struth.

Bump for a real review.

Come and visit Hooniverse! Pan-global Motoring News And Opinion

#26 OFFLINE   egg

egg

Just another content provider

• Full Members
  • 2,944 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationDown the Bay, Kent

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

Just giving this a bump for you because I saw an 'x' reg one moving under it's own power in Gravesend last week.

1993 Ford Mondeo 1.6 base, 1993 Ford Mondeo 1.6 GLX , 2002 Ford Fusion 3 1.6 pez

#27 OFFLINE   Heidel_Kakao

Heidel_Kakao

• Full Members
  • 696 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationBrierley Hill

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

Current condition photodump.
IMG_20171007_123954.jpg
The brake fluid inspection hole cover is present and correct, I can tell everyone was worried about that.
IMG_20171007_124647.jpg
As is the hole it covers.
IMG_20171007_124002.jpg
IMG_20171007_124027.jpg
Passenger side footwell.

IMG_20171007_124150.jpg
Drivers side footwell
IMG_20171007_124101.jpg
Passenger side
IMG_20171007_124112.jpg
Drivers side
IMG_20171007_124208.jpg
Drivers side
IMG_20171007_124218.jpg
Genuine sports wheel, I replaced the bolts with Torx as it's all I had at the time.
IMG_20171007_124243.jpg
Drivers side rear arch in good condition
IMG_20171007_124317.jpg
Passenger side rear arch very crusty. I used gaffer tape on it for the last MOT
IMG_20171007_124334.jpg
Windscreen surround
IMG_20171007_124355.jpg
Passenger side
IMG_20171007_124345.jpg
Drivers side
IMG_20171007_124418.jpg
I had a spare dizzy converted to electronic ignition
IMG_20171007_124457.jpg
Bonnet
IMG_20171007_125640.jpg
IMG_20171007_125631.jpg
12" Allycat alloy wheels ( one of my favourite wheel designs) with Yokohama A539 tyres
IMG_20171007_125604.jpg
I gave it a once over with the jetwash and it didn't dissolve, going to need new wiper blades though
IMG_20171007_125615.jpg
IMG_20171007_125654.jpg
  • Barry Cade., AngusToledo, Junkman and 6 others like this
1993 VW Corrado VR6

#28 OFFLINE   alcyonecorporation

alcyonecorporation

Don't tell him, Pike!

• Full Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationBlomby Car JAMMA board

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

Suzuki in "excellent sports car that rusts like a twat" shocker. 

GLWTS. 

• Heidel_Kakao and Junkman like this

What we need is more poo brown cars.

Lukas, shaking his head

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users