Lifting shite

puddlethumper

I am in the process of lifting the skirts, fnar, of my 305 van, coz! The following pic is of a 2 inch lift on the arse end but will actooally be an inch higher after new springs and shocking shite. 

The front is going up 2 inches as well.  

Who thinks it will be absolute shite, or not ?

Vaguely interested in the A/s collective thoughts. ( for what they may be worth, in Bitcoin or any other dubious currency).

A dodgy pic.

post-20317-0-57312900-1505666993_thumb.jpg

You have to imagine, and there are some imaginations on here, another inch on the back and two on the front, and then 20mm hubcentrics to widen the track to bring them more in line with the body.

Another dodgy pic.

post-20317-0-62980100-1505668101_thumb.jpg

Arse in the air or what !

Comments and suggestions welcome. Well, maybe.

The problem with going up at the front will be how much extra load it imposes on the CV joints, which will be working at increased angles to normal.

Its something 4x4 owners with indy front suspensions who fit lift kits have to bear in mind.

edit     ^^^ snap   Sigmund is thinking along the same track.

I do realise the cv's will probably not last as long but I do have a spare pair and I'm not a 4x4 er. 

It's nothing to do with speed bumps really, I just fancy something a bit 4x2 maybe slightly off road look.

The rear works exactly the same as it did, apart from a bit more roll. Which, with new springs and shocks, will lose some of that. Front boings are stiffer, but not rock hard.

Yea. Its just a look at the end of the day, I suppose. I still think it's gonna look bloody different and, (insert personally chosen adjective here) I'll give it a go. No big deal to return it back to original chod.

A bit of green lane stuff could be interesting. You know, sump guard etc. 

Going to see what happens. Could be shite.

paint grey stonechip round the arch lips and along the door bottom/sills so it looks like its got body mouldings like an aldi allroad or vulva xc

Peugeot ( well, Dangel) did it before Volvo , just not on the 305.

I think it'll look a bit like one of those sporting trials cars , you know usually SS1 Reliants or old Skodas.post-17414-0-78262000-1505714608_thumb.jpeg

No offence, but as you asked I think it'll look crap.

But no less crap than it does now.

Out of interest, how much higher was a Rover StreetWise than a standard 25/ZS - I saw one in the car park at Rolls Royce Aero a few year back that had been lowered to BRM height and it looked brilliant.