1995 Citroen AX Forte 1.1 with MOT, 70k £295.

bramz7

Hi all,

I bought this AX a month or so back as I always wanted a Forte. Essentially a GTI without the engine and some other performance bits, it is however really well specced for an AX and has the following:

-Engine temp gauge

-Electric front windows

-Front Foglights

-Rev Counter etc...

The car itself was owned by an old lady for a decade or so and she passed away, meaning the car was offered for sale, and I got it. It runs fine on all roads and as per normal AXs, sips fuel. I probably am an idiot for offering it for sale but blaring up and down the motorway every day in it isn't my thing. 

So the good things:

Car has 6 or so months MOT

Bodykit al present and largely undamaged.

All electrics work with the exception of the foglights

Heater is intensely strong

Engine runs well, pulls well all the way through all gears, and sits at 70-75 without a care in the world

Grippy tyres

Interior is very tidy

Had a rear brake overhaul earlier this year

Fuel economy is superb

Holds temperature well, does go to 100 quite quickly but stays there. 

Bad things

Bodywork is largely very straight but paint has marks all over it

OAP owner shut the garage door on the bonnet at some stage, not really any visible damage but opening the bonnet fouls the panel between it and the windscreen. Still opens though!

Some rust appearing on drivers side under the kit. Never mentioned on MOTs though, even though the rear arch desperately needs doing. Or just leave the kit on and hope it doesn't get picked up

Wheels need a respray

Ride seems a touch crashy for an AX around town, settles up well on motorways though.

Think the old owner hit something as the front bumper has come off a mount on the passenger side corner, but it isn't hanging off.

One exhaust mount has gone AWOL.

Still, an original Forte is a rare thing now. 

I'm in two minds about selling it to be honest as its great for commuting, but I just fancy something a bit more substantial as darting between lorries and the appalling drivers on the M4 in Berkshire gets a bit unnerving in something made out of 600kg of material.

Here is some photos of the day I got it, 800 miles ago.

36716733655_9ed2b71f0f_b.jpg1995 Citroen AX Forte. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

36321478080_3e22fb9bbd_b.jpg1995 Citroen AX Forte. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

36716729825_46e176519b_b.jpgAX Forte interior. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

Price is a firm £295. 

I might be open to a swap plus cash (either way) if you have an old French diesel with MOT on offer. 

Any questions just fire away.

There's an old* French diesel for sale currently for 300 quid but the seller may not be enthusiastic about a swap given they now have a beige Mondeo. :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ah good point, but Xantia sized is too big.

I was hoping to secure another 'old' French diesel for sale on here but that doesn't seem to be happening. 

Ooh this is tempting, especially as I was having naughty thoughts this morning about taking the 106 off the road and doing a 1600 conversion on it which would necessitate the purchase of another commuting car.

Where are you located Mr Bramz?

EDIT: Also, does the radio work? Because mine does not and it is becoming a little depressing.