Austin chop....revised edition.

fotorabia

Spotted this interesting Austin 1300 in Marton today which has had a rare roof conversion....and the amount of extra doors lying beside perhaps was an abandoned stretched limo project...im strangely drawn to it due to its number plate which is the same as the my Vivas..so this makes the Austin a 1971 model...my parents had one in Australia when i was little...hence a certain sentimentality...might go and enquire about it nxt time im over there..i dont care about paint..only mechanics and legalities...

Posted Image

Posted Image

its also sitting outside a large non operating engineering workshop...

ps..after deducting my number plate from this one..there is exactly 111 cars between the Viva and this Morris!...wheres my anorak...

hmmm..think that might be more than my non bodywork skills could handle..tho i like the plate on that one ..SKE...[ESKI}thats a chilly bin over here..u know..what u keep your beers cold in...

i can do an owner search on the plate..small invasion of privacy but its legal!..good ones here are now trying to break the $1000 mark...theres still quite a few around..and it would look cool with mismatching colored panels...could start with all those doors..

tho my favourite color is this

Posted Image

was this really called Roman purple or am i wrong on that...

• 2 weeks later...

went thru to Hawera Sth Taranaki today..and met a tuf old lady with her Morris 1100..she hated new cars...already had three running models of this..and had just spent $1400 getting all new hydros for a swishier ride..she was awsum..

Posted Image

went thru to Hawera Sth Taranaki today..and met a tuf old lady with her Morris 1100..she hated new cars...already had three running models of this..and had just spent $1400 getting all new hydros for a swishier ride..she was awsum..

Excellent!

Posted Image

Maybe a little strange saying this but... as soon as I think 1100s and New Zealand I just think of the film Black Sheep! Nice old ado you spotted there though!

m0rris

went to Wellington for the weekend...and spotted this interesting Romanian concept camper...but in this case for ARO16s...they kept the roof and disposed of the rest...all other spots are off our wee camera as seen by my partner Nina Cortina..whose so pissed im stealing her shot spots..she ll join up very soon..

Posted Image

our friends caravan in Patea

Posted Image

local Cordia Turbo...

Posted Image

fuzzzy Scote...

Posted Image

Falcon panel van in Palmerston Nth

Posted Image

apart from the biggest Tonka Toy collection in NZ...they own this...hes had it since he was 18..thats 24 yrs

Posted Image

Posted Image

and they own this wee Morris as well..dont know what the bike is..

Posted Image

and Jaf the dog loves his Vivas...

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK so I'm tryin to work out what car died for the roof extension,

I thought maybe Fiat 127 or early Renner 5 but I'm not sure its either?

went to Wellington for the weekend...and spotted this interesting Romanian concept camper...but in this case for ARO16s...they kept the roof and disposed of the rest...

Bollocks :lol: Missed that bit! Ah well :)