Who is paying the most for Vehicle Excise Duty (Road tax!!!)

Heidel_Kakao

I just paid £305* for the Omega and just got the bill for £245* for the MX5 plus there is the BINI at £145* (to be gifted to our daughter) and looks like I'm getting my wife a Vomit Puke erm Juke.  What will that be? about £150 ?

* I think that's right *

So that's erm.......too much about £850 or £16 a week.  or £2.33 a day (One Costa coffee)

What is this monthly direct debit thing ? Does it work out cheaper ?  I pay each in one instalment.

I've known this for a while, but those in the Republic of Ireland get a right good kicking car tax-wise. What I don't understand is why large engined sheds in the RoI aren't totally worthless. Living in Northern Ireland I've compared prices and there's little difference or they are slightly more expensive. I appreciate the pound has weakened, but still.

Anyway, for the record:

'01 MB CLK 230K Cab - £305;

'82 Land Rover Series 3 - Sorn, but would be £245;

'70 Jag XJ6 - Sorn, but historic so nowt.

My Mum's Merc comes in at £535.

What is this monthly direct debit thing ? Does it work out cheaper ?  I pay each in one instalment.

It's just allows you to spread the cost over 12 months rather than paying all in one go. It doesn't work out cheaper but it is only 5% more expensive. So for a whole year it costs an extra £12.25 for a big engine pre 2001 car which I feel is worth it for the convenience factor.

two bx diesels which I think are 230 a year and the van which although its an hdi is classed as a commercial so another 230 a year. £690 a year in tax for vehicles that can only be driven one at a time.

Nail on head. Should be added to fuel duty so its representative of use.

But then theyd make less money......

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I just paid £305* for the Omega and just got the bill for £245* for the MX5 plus there is the BINI at £145* (to be gifted to our daughter) and looks like I'm getting my wife a Vomit Puke erm Juke. What will that be? about £150 ?

* I think that's right *

So that's erm.......too much about £850 or £16 a week. or £2.33 a day (One Costa coffee)

What is this monthly direct debit thing ? Does it work out cheaper ? I pay each in one instalment.

Not everyone has the disposable income to pay £200+ at once