Background Shite

Yoss

Here's an opportunity for somebody to take the same shot today (assuming the bridge is still there) outside the old Southdown depot at Hilsea, Portsmouth. This was taken on 2nd September 1975 and there's nothing that wouldn't look nice on my drive today (apart from the fact the PD3, Atlantean and Leyland lorry will not fit).

attachicon.gif1495.JPG

Sadly you won’t be able to do a same day shot to include the old bus depot. It was completely demolished a few years ago and replaced by yet another ghastly abortion of a modern block of flats. Mind you the bus depot was looking in a bad way towards the end.

I drove past here today as it happens.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

About time we had something again, so lets start with a health warning!

Those of a nervous disposition, or a severe affliction for garlic flavoured cars should look away now (or at least sit down).

Ready ?

London,  August 27th, 1978.  On my way to start a Nat Ex 303 to Barnsley I spotted this Plaxton bodied Merc, but it's what's on either side that is now of interest.

post-21417-0-95401100-1547472956_thumb.jpg

Yep, that really is a DS Ambulance !!!!

• 3 months later...

The foreground shite here is pretty good too. The Triumph was mine, the Riley belonged to my mate and the Granny Coupe to a neighbour. We were all in our very early twenties and even then these were not the sort of cars people of our age coveted. The Granny was originally metallic blue but Tim painted it red himself. IMG_20190514_163631.thumb.jpg.43375d4960852d80f27ac9cde2d5e63e.jpg

But The stuff around them we would have ignored completely at the time. 

Sorry the picture is wonky, I'm on the Pimms.