Brodders cherry popped. Camembert flavoured Safrane collection now underway

95 quid Peugeot

Thread has been posted up for the meet up.

Collection of the Safrane may or may not be happening at some point in the not too distant future.

Probably.

And thanks again to Keith for the amazing offer. Let's see how long ownership of a K-Series Rover and a gadget filled 90s Renault can last without bankruptcy.

Well, that went rather smoothly, this thing is excellent at dealing with the bumpy suburban roads of Stowmarket. I didn't think much could rival the 75, but this is up there. It is uncanny.

Not much to really report from the collection. It ran very well. It still had a fair bit of fuel, so unfortunately it didn't result in an opportunity for a petrol station shot.

The only two problems were that at the end of the journey it took me a few minutes and a lot of noise to figure out how to turn the lights off (who puts the horn on the end of the light stalk) and that I can't figure out how to get in without setting off the alarm, which will require further investigation when it isn't dark. Needless to say that these two problems were caused by my own stupidity more than anything else.

There are a few bits and pieces that will need to be sorted out, but by the looks of it, nothing too bad at all. Photographs and more stuff will happen tomorrow when it is light and I can get into the car without setting off the alarm for a third time.

Don't open the door with the key, only use the blipper bit. The alarm shouldn't be a problem then.

Let's see how long ownership of a K-Series Rover and a gadget filled 90s Renault can last without bankruptcy.

I reckon you'll be OK as it gave me almost zero trouble. Much more reliable and comfortable than the X300 Jag I had at the same time, sodding thing. And ignore the automatic 'box warning light of doom should it appear, there's nothing wrong. Hope you enjoy it!