Identify Me - NEW on p8

vulgalour

can't make up my mind about 4.   It looks like it started life as '36/37 Crossley Regis or possibly a Railton of that era.   Can't reconcile the front with either, though. 

No. 5 is a 1958 Toyota, at least the Crown of that year wore the same front end but I can't imagine they made a pick up version of their top saloon model?

Let's see.... the Caprice and Galaxie I agree with.  Ditto the De Soto at 28 and the mystery hot rod at 29.

14: Heinkel is the one that first occurred to me too.

15: hot rod based (loosely) on a Model T Ford.  These were all the rage in the 50s and 60s when the hot rod movement got itself going, and again in the 70s over here.  Americans are still bulding them too.  The radiator shell isn't Model T, it's more like a cut-down 1932 Model B shell.

20: Freightliner is the make, the model escapes me but I'd age it to the 70s.

33: Chevy, or possibly GMC, pickup from about 1963

35: another Ford-based hot rod, this time a 1932 5-window coupe (compared to the other 32 already identified, which is a 3-window).  Anybody's guess why they made two different styles of coupe but they did for a few years in the 30s.

I'm not convinced on this one, for a few reasons. The Hayes has a different grille and different front arch shapes, it also has twin destination displays. There's also the fact that the Hayes is a LHD where the unidentified field coach is RHD. It's close, but I don't think it's right. Happy to be proved wrong if it really is a Hayes, but I need more proof.

can't make up my mind about 4.   It looks like it started life as '36/37 Crossley Regis or possibly a Railton of that era.   Can't reconcile the front with either, though. 

No. 5 is a 1958 Toyota, at least the Crown of that year wore the same front end but I can't imagine they made a pick up version of their top saloon model?

That was enough information on #5 for me to do a search to find similar and it comes up as a Toyopet Masterline. No wonder I couldn't ID it, that's a pretty obscure thing. #4 is a real oddity, when I first saw it I thought it might be an early Rover (pretty sure it's not), there's not much to help in the image with scale so you can figure out what sort of size of car it might be.

Let's see.... the Caprice and Galaxie I agree with.  Ditto the De Soto at 28 and the mystery hot rod at 29.

14: Heinkel is the one that first occurred to me too.

15: hot rod based (loosely) on a Model T Ford.  These were all the rage in the 50s and 60s when the hot rod movement got itself going, and again in the 70s over here.  Americans are still bulding them too.  The radiator shell isn't Model T, it's more like a cut-down 1932 Model B shell.

20: Freightliner is the make, the model escapes me but I'd age it to the 70s.

33: Chevy, or possibly GMC, pickup from about 1963

35: another Ford-based hot rod, this time a 1932 5-window coupe (compared to the other 32 already identified, which is a 3-window).  Anybody's guess why they made two different styles of coupe but they did for a few years in the 30s.

33 - close! Gave me something to work with and you can find an exact match in the 1962 Chevrolet C10, right down to the grille holes and hood details.

Thanks for the info on the hot rods too, I'm really not that up on the body shapes, they all tend to look the same to me.

Your Jag MkVII or VIII is more like a MkVIII or IX. MkVII not usually two-tone, and has a twin-piece windscreen.

14 is a Trojan-Heinkel - rear end much more swoopy than the BMW Isetta.

4 is bugging the hell out of me, but I suspect it started life as a coachbuilt body. Exposed hinges aren't very Rolls-Royce or Bentley, but then I can't recall many cars that had suicide front AND rear doors. 

image001.jpg

I think a 1930s Wolseley might be a reasonable guess for number 4.  The big discrepancy, apart from the original posting being hot-rodded, is the lack of a rear quarter window.  So far I haven't found a Wolseley without one.   OTOH the grille shape seems a good match, as does the swage that runs along the doors.  Also, I'm finding many models with 4 suicide doors.  Something to think about?

I think 4 is a late 30's / early 40s Rover, but it's probably your typical Brit hotrodder's mishmash of stuff. BECUASE DIFFERENT IS BEST LADS,,,RIGHT,,, RIGHT,,, grinsmokingafagsmilie.gif x 5

See Rods n Sods forum for plenty of examples.

10 might be an early 30s Chevy. Slightly poor logic here, but Chevy chassis had springs that way round while Fords had transverse, and Chevys are popular hotrodding base material in USA in the absence of a Ford.