Citroen Xantia HDi SX - MOT Feb 2018 - £300

Supernaut

Who wants this bucket of crap fine piece of French automotive engineering?

The vital statistics:

- 2.0 HDi

- 85k miles

- MOT until Feb 2018

- LHM fluid, oil and filters are all about 6 months old.

- Tyres are 18 months old, still with looooadsa tread.

Not the tidiest car in the world, some cosmetic imperfections mainly around the left rear corner of the car. The bumper, and the left rear door specifically. The door has something weird going on with the paint. Also, the driver's seat has the bolster repaired with some spare fabric attached with gorilla tape. It works. Overall a very comfy and economical car (50mpg+ no matter how I drive it). It won't set the road on fire in terms of performance, but it's torquey and long-geared.

The front struts can sometimes be a bit lazy when going up and down. For example, if I have it at maximum height and set it to a lower height, the back sometimes drops a tiny bit before the front catches up (with a slight creak). However, the suspension still behaves itself perfectly otherwise, no bounciness or anything.

The clutch has recently begun to judder slightly if you pull away at tickover. A tiny bit of revs makes for a clean getaway though. No slip or anything else, so probably still has lots of life in it (perhaps).

Tail-light warranty offered. Bear in mind I live on a very short street too!

Located in Aberdeen.

I can has V6 manual Mondeo of beigeness now, so this has become surplus to requirements.

post-19977-0-15612200-1504465996_thumb.jpg

post-19977-0-63294000-1504465999_thumb.jpg

post-19977-0-74580600-1504466002_thumb.jpg

post-19977-0-10948000-1504466005_thumb.jpg

post-19977-0-44568400-1504466008_thumb.jpg

If you want to go up and down a motorway or anything sort of longer distance cruise then this is difficult to top.

I jumped into it on the hard shoulder of a motorway east of Manchester in the dark because Supernaut was basically (and understandably) hallucinating from weariness. Sat quietly on the 140 mile journey back home, 70mph in 5th gear has it sitting perfectly in the torque curve so a light touch of the throttle and you can waft past stuff.

STRONGLY RECOMMEND. A++++ WOULD FAIL TO COLLECT HONDA ACCORD COUPE AGAIN.

Does it have the 90 or 110 bhp engine?

It is an SX model with a 90hp engine. Apparently, according French Car Forum this is SUPER RARE HIGH VALUE COLLECTABLE YO, as they thought I was talking complete shit when I said I had an SX with a 90 hp HDi.

However, it's currently running at 120hp thanks to a remap from hdi-tuning.co.uk. This can be easily reversed for the buyer if they wish (it's dismal with 90hp though).

I'm mighty impressed it has 120 bhp just from a remap (no intercooler right?). We had a 110 bhp and I've wanted one ever since that has been sold. Even though I know it would ruin my life. Anyway the 110 was quick on the motorway, this must be rapid.

Aye the old HDis map well. I had a 306 a few years ago running the same map. It was rather fun.

This is obviously a wee bit lardier than a 306, but it still goes well. It's all torque and long gears though, no point going beyond 3,000 rpm.

I just fancied a change, really, so now I have a V6 petrol again, but this time with a manual! The Xantia has done me well for the past 18 months (almost 18 months anyway). It'll get you where you're going in comfort, if not style. :D

Almost-the-weekend bump!

Spice up your weekend with a cheap Hydropneumatic Citroen!

Throw caution to the wind over speedbumps, potholes, corpses or any other obstacle of your choice!

Genuine nun-and-kitten-killing 50mpg! (because diesels are bad, remember?)

It will even come with TWO, yes TWO, sets of wheel trims for you to choose from!

The next time somebody expresses interest without coming to view it.

To be fair, I wouldn't have bothered viewing it. Your word as a shiter is good enough for me. But...as my financial meltdown shows no sign of abating, I'm in no position to make any offers yet. Good luck with the sale.

It's on gumtree now.

I hope you lot are happy at making me go through this.

EDIT: Not 5 minutes after I posted the ad I got a call from an Indian-sounding chap claiming to be calling about the car accident I'd recently been involved in. I told him to piss off.

Not 5 minutes after I posted the ad I got a call from an Indian-sounding chap claiming to be calling about the car accident I'd recently been involved in. I told him to piss off.

They were slower than usual, when I put the last Rover up for sale it was less than 30 seconds until I got that call.

When I was in Weatherspoons later on I got another call.

They never phoned me again after that.

Just got a gumtree message from "Paddy".

"Top of the morning to you. Would you like to swap your old Citroen for a couple of chainsaws and a caravan?"

Ha. My sides. How fucking hilarious. Any more racial stereotypes you want to roll out you utter tosspot?

I hate to scrap a perfectly working car, but...

Just got a gumtree message from "Paddy".

"Top of the morning to you. Would you like to swap your old Citroen for a couple of chainsaws and a caravan?"

Ha. My sides. How fucking hilarious. Any more racial stereotypes you want to roll out you utter tosspot?

I hate to scrap a perfectly working car, but...

3/10 at best. No mention of dags anywhere.

"Paddy" has followed up on his offer, throwing in one of his daughters, and asking if I like dogs.

He failed by not putting it thus: "D'ya like dags?"

However, I do have somebody else coming to see it this evening, and has made a reasonable offer on it. Let's see how that goes.