Licking 320Touring's Clio - Getting a new* box

Sloth in a bowl

You know when I contemplated taking yours on when you were thinking about selling it. Well I eventually talked the missus into letting me have a broken Clio of my own, mine is getting delivered tommorrow. Mine comes with borked engine, cataract headlights, green moss growing out of every orifice and brake discs that look like they were recovered off the Titanic. Can't wait.

You know when I contemplated taking yours on when you were thinking about selling it. Well I eventually talked the missus into letting me have a broken Clio of my own, mine is getting delivered tommorrow. Mine comes with borked engine, cataract headlights, green moss growing out of every orifice and brake discs that look like they were recovered off the Titanic. Can't wait.

Sounds a catch! I await the thread:)

Ok, first tank of fuel done since Gearbox fixed..

Mpg with fucked gearbox 35.75

Mpg with new gearbox 35.34

Conclusion:

You drive the car harder when it has a working gearbox;)

Am pleased with that - about 5mpg up on the 320i

Conclusion: You're not driving it hard enough! When I was 18 and had my first car, I used to get 33mpg in my 1.2 Clio.

That’s very good mpg from one of these especially in traffic , I can barely breach 28mpg on my commute and it’s had new lambda sensors etc etc. On a run it’ll do 38-40 but my commute seems to just kill it.

I only get 36 from a little 1.4 Vauxhall on the same run

It's the torque- you can drive it like a diesel, shifting at 2k and still get where you need to be.

It could be arranged. Or maybe we could have our own section.

Autoshite

Autoshite open forum

Modern shite

Fucked Clio section

Car got delivered today, just got a steady 470mile trek tommorrow to get a good cheap engine. Wowsers!

#aclioruinedmylife..

You doing a thread? Is it a 172? DETAILS MAN!

Don't want to hijack your thread too much. Yours is a late 172, mine is an early 182, probably a few months between the two. Weird thing is it's same colour with same wheels so looks almost same. If people are genuinely interested I could start a thread??

Ah, the 182.

Different exhaust manifold and intake, different backbox, no spare wheel well and a different tune on the ECU:)

Get a thread up - we need to share the misery!

It was out tonight at Scotoshite.

Despite an owner enforced FTP (note, Clio 172 is not an electric car and requires PETROL to function)

It squirted itself marvelously!

Of the 5 to be in it (3 of which had a shot) we had a 100% utterance of

"I want one of those"

Job done, gospel spread!

• 2 weeks later...

So to tyres..

The fronts that are on it when I got it were not great, and the gearbox replacement didn't help much..post-17572-0-30052700-1513440569_thumb.jpg

They got sacked off for a set of wheels from Ra burd's stranded Clio. 15", much more comfortable due to tread and sidewall.

post-17572-0-77674000-1513440681_thumb.jpg

These worked a treat on the drive down to Cannock n back, so all was well.

Until I lent it to the good lady..

post-17572-0-63073300-1513440746_thumb.jpg

post-17572-0-29706600-1513440798_thumb.jpg

That was Monday this week

It now has 2 decent 16" tyres on it - handy as I need to do about 200 work miles this week.

Then it'll need the tracking set.