Beaulieu Autojumble - 2nd & 3rd September 2017

SiC

As for tips and tricks:

If seller is foreign:

Shout at him in broken English, pretend not to understand his asking price, put the cash you are willing to pay in front of him and leave with the part you need.

If seller is British:

Pretend you are foreign and don't understand his asking price, put the cash you are willing to pay in front of him and leave with the part you need.

Pick me up a turboencabulator if you see one. NOT a retroencabulator. I need the one with the Worthing type sluice lubricator. 

With or without cardinal grammeters? Or with hydrocoptic marselvanes?

Please provide a misrepresentational drawing including malleable logarithmic.

Btw., the government bought up all examples with the invisible edge, phakt!

SiC, if you are going Sunday and looking for MGB stuff give the Trunk Traders area a scout.  Its kind of a car boot area (automotive only) for non stall-holders and its only there on Sunday.   Usually a good few sellers there getting rid of bits for classics they wish they had kept....

Weather looks a bit damp Sunday which is often better for genuine buyers - fewer dis-interested wives and dog-walkers.       

Get hold of a programme just past the entrance they are actually quiet cheap and will enable you to target suitable stalls instead of stumbling round aimlessly (unless you like doing that - I tend to).   One thing I have found over the years is that the day evaporates quicker than K Series coolant so a bit of planning isn't a bad thing.

Take a flask and sandwiches if you can - I hate wasting time and money queuing up for over-priced food!

If you are around at 3pm head to the musuem entrance as they are firing up the Lotus 49 (was meant to have been the V16 BRM but unexpectedly* its broken) 

Even if you don't buy anything its still a great day out.   Ridiculously late opening time of 10am, though..... 

I will be there on Saturday 

£15.20 and £13.50 for Sat and Sun respectively. 

No discount for advance purchase, just saves a bit of queuing but they are usually pretty organised to be fair.  Its the scrum at the barrier once in the complex that gets a bit wearing....

I usually go into the museum - last few years they've opened the hanger doors straight into the car sales area. Less crushing.

I can recommend this as a day out, even if you don't buy anything it's entertaining.  Special £100 driving shoes, stuffed animals, gaudy £100K Land Rovers, and there's usually at least 1 bloke trying to sell bags of lead shot as magic fuel catalyser.

You do need both days to see everything; be there as early as possible as the 10 o'clock opening time is indeed ludicrous. Definitely agree on taking plenty of fluid and solid sustenance - you will be out all day. I did the Spring jumble and 2 litres of water was just enough. Take £300 cash and set yourself a limit of £200 to spend. Take a rucksack with some plastic bags inside (for wrapping up filthy parts). Regarding buying I'd say if you felt something was expensive after asking what they 'could do on it', walk away and think about it because it's likely you'll find the same thing cheaper elsewhere. That is, unless it's very rare in which case you should snap it up. Wish I could go really.

My primary aim is parts for my MGB, which I should imagine (or hope) are neither rare and hopefully not too expensive. Have a rough list of things I need/want and also what sort of price new retails at. Hoping to get NOS/new unused stuff cheapish that has been sitting around from previous projects and the like.

Nothing is more fun than buying parts for cars you don't own.

This is why I have a shed full of BL and Merc W123 parts.

"Look Honey, I just bought a gear shift gaiter for a Morris Marina. Guess I'm going to have to buy the car now!" And no doubt the one I would buy wouldn't even need a new gaiter.

• 2 weeks later...

With or without cardinal grammeters? Or with hydrocoptic marselvanes?

Please provide a misrepresentational drawing including malleable logarithmic.

Btw., the government bought up all examples with the invisible edge, phakt!

If it's the deservedly rare 1972 version with the contra-rotating throstle sprockets, don't walk away - RUN.