Vespa PX now sold

Dave_Q

Howdy shitterz, 

I'm going to go down to 1 car for a while, I plan to move house in the next few months and in order to pretend I'm a financially solvent and mortgageworthy individual I'm gonna cut insurance/tax costs and pay off my credit cards.

As such pretty much everything is for sale. 

First up: 1993 Vespa T5 classic / PX125

post-17573-0-91369200-1493066004_thumb.jpg

Reg K113GTO for the MOT history crew. MOT is till 10th November but can put a new one on if you're bothered.

Acquired from our very own Cavcraft in a swap for my CBR death machine, this is a T5 classic, (T5 engine in a PX frame), where someone has removed the T5 engine in it and put a PX engine in.

All standard except for:

Indian "5 port" 150cc top end kit (original parts supplied)

SIP Road 2 exhaust (original included but it's fucked)

Carb jetted to suit

Simonini seat

Paintwork is shonky, I couldn't get a colour match at my paint shop so have painted it in a Peugeot colour that is not quite there, I have painted 80% of the frame so some bits don't match other bits and I did approx. zero prep so the finish is lumpy. 

Basically it's in need of that old chestnut cosmetic TLC, but is rot free and rides GR8, the road exhaust means it has a nice flat torque curve like a proper Vespa and it will pull 17st me up hills at 30-40 no problem, top speed is about 50-55, I'm not really sure as the speedo is hilariously inaccurate.

I'd like £1500, could deliver within about an hour's drive of Huddersfield, would consider a very cheap 2 wheeled part ex like an auto scooter. 

Next up: 2001 Alfa 156 2.4JTD Sportwagon

post-17573-0-13128700-1498771562_thumb.jpg
post-17573-0-33989300-1497562010_thumb.jpg

Reg FJ51CGO for the MOT history crew, MOT till 29th June 2018.

Got this as an MOT failure and then welded up the o/s/r sill and rear floorpans for MOT along with a new bottom wishbone on the front o/s and a few other bits. Welding is a proper job with the rot cut out and repair sections made up, the actual welding is cosmetically poor but it's all covered by a sideskirt. I did some pretty extensive derusting and undersealing to the rest of the underside while I was there so hopefully it should be good for a few more years without more welding.

Has done 209k miles but interior is ace, properly sexytime mint.

Exterior generally OK but all 4 arches have been touched up, by me, it's metallic paint and I've blended in the repairs with skill levels ranging from shite to shocking.

Drives A1 but it's in need of a wheel bearing, think it's n/s/r, the rear bearings are pretty easy to do I'm told and only cost about £20. The bearing is singing away and there are some knocks from the suspension over bumps which are almost certainly drop link or ARB bush related, despite this I would be happy to drive it anywhere. Last tank got me 42mpg which was 70% round town, and the rest motorway. Has an an invoice for cambelt done at 178k.

After £500 cash or would ROFFLE for £8/ticket if there's any interest?

Will get some up to date pics of both added to the thread soon.

Fresh pictures.

Vespa first. You can see where I've just painted straight over the old flakey paint. The paint that's on is decent just the poor / no prep shows through.

post-17573-0-39575900-1504194406_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-00924000-1504194456_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-17540700-1504194498_thumb.jpg

Top headset is held on with tape, forgot to mention this before.

post-17573-0-43891300-1504194545_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-96128600-1504194598_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-48226000-1504194645_thumb.jpg

Alfa - these pics are a bit rubbish as it was blocked in at the garage, couldn't get it out to take better ones.

Showing the touched up arches, cracked rear bumper and interior. Doesn't show well in the photos but the paint on the arches is more obvious in real life.

post-17573-0-24625100-1504195074_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-30063400-1504195104_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-20437600-1504195155_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-22006600-1504195204_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-60182200-1504195259_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-40553100-1504195310_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-01240200-1504195360_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-71058600-1504195410_thumb.jpg

That OneHundredAndFiftySex looks brilliantly shonky!  I'm dangerously tempted, having given the Cavcraft/320Touring example a swift blat through the mean streets of Chester a while back.

Really like these things.  But no: MUST RESIST.  HAVE NO MONEY.  BOLLOCKS GOOD WHERE THEY ARE.

It is ace.

It could be smartened up a lot if painted by a competent person (ie not me), metallic silver is particularly hard to blend apparently, the only way to really do it is to lacquer the whole panel.

Or just not care, you can't see it from the inside.

Forgot to add, the tyres on it are brand new (<500 mile) Kumho something sport.

Cheers Billy.

The Vespa has been on ebay and gumtree for a few days now at £1500, I've had a sum total of 2 offers, both for a grand.

I've dropped the price to £1395 on there but would obviously take less from a Shiter. 

Alfa also still here, not advertised to the general public but will do probably next week.

Please save me from the car buying public.

FURTHER REDUCTIONS!

BARGAINS GALORE!

I will sell you this prime piece of Italian engineering today, not for £1200, oh no, not even for £1100, this excellent historic vehicle can be yours for JUST A FAAAAAHSAND PAAANDS!!!111!

Even more excitingly, this is an appreciating asset! Everytime some twat ruins one by hacking up the frame and painting it matt black the value of this scooter increases by 1%.

Way better than banks! Ideal for convincing wives/husbands/etc that twatting around on a small scooter is as profitable* as it is fun!

Hold out yer hand! (or send me a PM).

I'd have thought that would sell on one of those farcebook groups pretty easily. Seems tidy enough for a bag, and less grumpy than a Lambretta, which could be a useful USP. I guess the increasingly shit weather is starting to slow down two-wheeled sales?

Yeah I have had it on some groups, but at a higher price.

I will try again, post up links to any scooter selling groups if you know them and I'll see if I can join.

I'm just expecting to get even more lowballed if I advertise at a lower price, at £1200 I've had offers of £600 and £700, if I advertise it for a grand I'll get people offering £300.

Tidyish mot'd Vespa must be worth a grand regardless, Shirley?

Edit: The front mudguard and side panels, nitromors'd, filler skimmed and painted again would tidy it up no end. I know it's a cheap bike, but they aren't doing it any favours...

Edit edit: I bought my old 1998 PX around 2003 with a slightly scruffy paint job and non-running (ONLY because the owner was clueless and it had a flat battery) for £800 iirc. Looking back, it was silly cheap for a straight, five year old Vespa.

Yeah I would have thought so, but it probably is the wrong time of year.

I would keep it and sell next year but it would have to live outside.

Maybe I should just get it airbrushed with a dodgy looking tribute to Bez from the Happy Mondays and advertise it for £5000.

• 2 weeks later...

So this is still here, have had a guy off gumtree tell me he's definitely coming (didn't, obvs) and a couple of two bob botty rockets off eBay, the best has to be the one who spent ages chipping me down on price to £900, before then looking at the pictures and deciding the paintwork wasn't nice enough.

Someone pls buy this, insulting offers, monthly payment, delivery, all available to trusted shiters.

My previous PX was surprisingly hard to shift, the offers I was getting were light years away from the prices you see them advertised at. I ended up taking 900 for it, and it was pretty smart all things considered.

I already have one, why am I pondering this?

Because you're a WINNER!

Honestly, if I had somewhere to keep it I would probably just hang onto it, make a better job of the paint then readvertise for £1500 on the first warmish day of spring, as it is it would have to live outside so I'm not sure that's a great plan.

If it comes down to it though I will do that, as I do like riding it.

Yeah I think the people that are in the market are largely driven by aesthetics, and can't seem to look past a bit of wear and tear.

Ironic given that these are essentially the most basic shoppers ever made. And on that note, keep it man, mine is outside every day of the year.