Renault 6 rescue (Aug 2020 - rehomed)

quicksilver

Can you make use of some mechanical spares?  I found 3/4 of the stuff I bought for my later bigger engined R6 were wrong since they were for the smaller engine, so I've got some things like rotor arm, distributor cap and clutch kit in the garage that are brand new and of absolutely no use to me.  You can have them for postage cost, I'll get some pictures of it all for you if you're interested so you know exactly what you're getting.

I'm often having trouble with my trailer plug.

Not because I tread on the cable at 11-30 pm of course.

So I fitted 2 of these just in case.

Look like reflectors, but fit 2 core cable and crocodile clips, clip on to stock car battery and off up the motorway at 60 mph officer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1PC-Red-LED-Motorcycle-Truck-Trailer-Round-Reflector-Brake-Stop-Tail-Rear-Light/161939712430?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Thank you all, I'll write a bit more tomorrow on the back story and what it's like.

Can you make use of some mechanical spares?  I found 3/4 of the stuff I bought for my later bigger engined R6 were wrong since they were for the smaller engine, so I've got some things like rotor arm, distributor cap and clutch kit in the garage that are brand new and of absolutely no use to me.  You can have them for postage cost, I'll get some pictures of it all for you if you're interested so you know exactly what you're getting.

Hell yes! We'll happily make use of anything you don't want. Thank you very much kind sir.

This is one of those threads where I wish I could press the "like" button more than once.

I think I've got a workshop manual for the early 6 somewhere if it's going to be any use?

What sort of manual? We already have a HBOL but it's a bit crappy as it's full of opinions and stupid comments and omits important information like the location of the dipstick.

I think getting it running in just two weeks is a tad optimistic as we don't even know why it doesn't run yet. We're only a few miles from the FOD so maybe we should organise a Renault-viewing trip as part of the weekend's festivities :-D

Re Galant, it's been there 7 or 8 years. Last MOT in 2009 was a clean pass with no advisories but it came off the road shortly afterwards and was never tested again. What you can see of the bodywork looks very good but I haven't a clue what it's like underneath or mechanically, or what took it off the road.

The HBOL for the six is hilariously poor, only really to be used for light comic relief when attempted any jobs.  I'll get those spares photographed for you tomorrow when I dig them out of the garage, I can't remember exactly what there is but I know it's all in a single box.

What a great story! Brilliant car too. You don't even see many 6's on the road in France now. I can only recall seeing one which was parked up in a garden near my Ma's place for a number of years. Gone now.

Can I also express some serious want for the Maxi. Looks great.

P.S. even if it had turned out to be an L-reg R19 that had been there since 1994 I'd still have been excited.