Daewoo Leganza. 46K miles. Enfield. Scrap Money. Deceased Estate.

Alan_Green

Cool. This is going well.  I'll call them tomorrow (Saturday) and "make a plan". I don't mind fronting things (tax/ins/MOT). Help to get it running in the first place would be great.  Pity they parked it nose first. Pity I ebayed that Sealey jump pack. Suppose we'll just have to push it out. Hope it's not seized up. 

Good luck to all concerned. This is the sort of thing that will disappear completely before we know it. I've always quite liked the look of them.

Cartell says this one is a CDX, which gains traction control, climate control, speed sensitive PAS, wood trim and alloy wheels over the lesser SX (although I wonder if this one is a later, subtly updated model as the wheels don't match any of the photos I have). Apparently there was also a CDX-E which had leather, 10-disc CD changer and sat-nav.

My 2003 Parker's Guide says "Upper medium saloon with lots of equipment for the money. Roomy, comfortable, competent but no threat to class leaders such as Mondeo and Passat. Thirstier than most rivals. Check for: No serious faults reported. Three-year warranty plus servicing means no worries with newer cars."

I fear the comfort of a warranty might not apply here.....

I found this one for sale at £325 back in 2012:

7410278940_a22bb5d316_o.jpg

1997 Daewoo Leganza CDX – for sale with T&T at £325! by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

It apparently suffered with overheating (HGF?). It'd done about 80k and the MoT site doesn't reveal anything particularly significant or of concern to this model in general, although there was an advisory for an oil leak four years on the trot. Never got put in for another MoT sadly and a CoD has since been issued.