Daewoo Leganza. 46K miles. Enfield. Scrap Money. Deceased Estate.

Alan_Green

• Fancy saving a Daewoo?  In Enfield. Was an old gent's, but then he fell ill/gave up driving (so the MOT lapsed and it was Sorned) and then he died.

Not moved in years. I looked round it and the body seemed OK. Tyres seemed OK. They have the keys. Interior looks OK. Pretty sure it's an auto.  

The family plan on scrapping it.  You'll probably get it for free if you are polite.

PM me if interested and I'll do the introductions. 

All that junk in the first pic is gone now.

post-18080-0-82482000-1502912545_thumb.jpgpost-18080-0-99525700-1502916368_thumb.pngpost-18080-0-05219700-1502913666_thumb.pngpost-18080-0-51030000-1502912585_thumb.png

post-18080-0-05484100-1502912574_thumb.png

post-18080-0-35393600-1502913679_thumb.png

post-18080-0-62778200-1502913697_thumb.jpg

bought the Mrs one of these a few years ago for the commute, it was ok, but severely lacking in poke even tho' it had a two litre pezzer engine - all the toys and leather mind you, in BRG for the win, if it was nearer I'd be all over this :-P

Oh Tetley!  Come on man.  I have no need of this, no facilities to fix it up and I'm at the other end of the country, but I still fancy it!  Shame on you!

It occurs to me to wonder if a Shiter more-or-less local to the car could grab it and store it, until some idiot (eg Me) finds himself able to remove it from their custody.........

In my first job after leaving Uni, one of the managers had a Leganza as a company car (you could choose any 4 door up to a certain price) and liked it enough that he bought it for himself once the lease expired. While it was still a company car it would sometimes be loaned out as a pool car, so I did a few miles in it. I remember the leather seats and a (by today's standards) very dated built in sat-nav. Decent motorway cruiser but not built for hustling round country lanes!

Oh Tetley!  Come on man.  I have no need of this, no facilities to fix it up and I'm at the other end of the country, but I still fancy it!  Shame on you!

I know what you're saying Eddy, but I can't see the point of taking just to move it on. It wouldn't get used here. I like my V70 turbo too much and Mrs Tet will never part with her Pajero. Sentimental value.

I really hope someone can make use of it though.

1998cc = X20 SED engine which is an X20XEV Vauxhall engine. Parts for the engine in my old Vectra used to come marked Daewoo, in particular the rocker cover gasket, so replacing that on this car shouldn't present a problem.

I'd love a Daewoo of this era, no need for another car just now though, hopefully someone will step up!

Field of Dreams challenge? Then Eddy can catch a lift/make someone near him come as well and drive it home!

post-5612-0-46149000-1503054210_thumb.jpg

My mums house is halfway, my house is halfway from my mums to the Field of Dreams, WCPGW? Chris, how friendly is your MOT tester?

Get it MOT'd on saturday, Eddy drives it home Sunday. Can't see that going wrong at all, nothing like a nice deadline...

Taken from a '98 review:

"That doesn't mean the top-of-the-line Leganza, the compact Nubira and the subcompact Lanos are ugly -- they might have drawn more looks if they were. But they are stealth vehicles, which testifies to how well-proportioned, and derivative, they are. The Leganza, designed with the help of Giorgetto Giugiaro, the Italian who created the original Volkswagen Scirocco, blends a few parts Lexus GS with a smidgeon of Nissan Altima. The Nubira's front end is vaguely reminiscent of a small BMW.

The name Leganza -- wiseacres are already calling it ''the lasagna'' -- is a melding of the Italian words elegante and forza (power). But in trying to build what Daewoo calls an elegant sedan with a comfortable ride, something was lost in translation."

It must be even more desirable now.

I quite fancy the idea of one of these, however I was put off them pretty much by the neighbour who had one about ten years ago and spent an awful lot of their time some mornings trying to get it to start and stay running long enough to leave the driveway.  Nice looking cars though.

I don't think crowdfunding as such is even a requirement for this one.  If the collection can be accomplished as a team effort, regardless of who takes it on ultimately, then it must be a Good Thing, and shouldn't cost much anyway.  MoT, petrol, 4 weeks add-on insurance.... I know these things add up but even if the car has to be paid for, not a lot of money will be involved.