Ebay is ANNOYING!

CortinaDave

Got a second chance offer on a car today , thought about it for a few hours and decided to go for it so hit the buy it now.. phones the seller only for him to say he's agreed to sell it to another bidder on the phone and is delivering it to him on tuesday!Surely when someone gives you a second chance offer they have to stick by that??Not that it makes any difference I dont suppose

Got a second chance offer on a car today , thought about it for a few hours and decided to go for it so hit the buy it now.. phones the seller only for him to say he's agreed to sell it to another bidder on the phone and is delivering it to him on tuesday!Surely when someone gives you a second chance offer they have to stick by that??Not that it makes any difference I dont suppose

In the normal world yes, you could take the aformentioned cleft to the small claims courts.But this is eBay we're talking about, and eBay is a law unto itself.Sorry to hear about it mate. I wish I wasn't right :(

Meh, I thought I was going to be picking up a fronterror this weekend, for a not unreasonable £300 - only its apparently been stolen now. :evil: Bollocks. In every sense of the word.

I've emailed ebay to ask where i stand in their eyes so I'll email the seller again when I get the reply just saying that because I was top bidder initially and have accepted in the given time period i am the legal winner of the car and that i want to complete the dealHe's only agreed a deal on the phone with the other guy so he still has the car.After all, if i had bought it and not paid he'd have chased me!I just need to think of a nice way of putting it so i dont piss him off ! any suggestions?

Another tale of Ebay twats.Apart from losing £80 to a thief this week because of the twats at ebay the winning bidder of the item I was selling has deceided that he doesn't want to pay and won't answer me, I have a feeling that my second chance offer has been made to a pleb of equal retardedness.I have chosen not to buy anything from outside the UK and not to sell anything ever again on the bay.

The second chance offer was because it was reserve not met...have emailed him this:Hello,I was gutted when I got off the phone to you after having hit the buy now so I’ve just been checking with ebay about the whole second chance offer thing and according to what they say if you’ve made an official second chance offer to accept the top bid of the original auction you have to wait for the offer to expire or cancel it before offering it to another bidder, otherwise it is binding if the offer is accepted. So because the offer was still in force and I hit the buy now that means you are supposed to give me the chance to honour the deal over the underbidder. I’m not being a pain its just I really want the car and have done everything properly and won it fairly... You would have chased me if I had bought it and not paid after all.. Give me a shout, hope we can sort out the deal, I've been on ebay for years with 100% feedback so am not a messer..I’m sure the other bloke will be OK if you explain to him that you didn’t realise someone had hit the buy now. CheersDave

...And at the end o the day they could do exacty what the FronTerror seller has just done to me and say its been spirited away in the night, or hit by a runaway train, or used by aliens to patch up their Heart of Gold after some bastard reversed into it at Milliways....

yep at the end of the day he can do whatever the feck he wants, its his car.. all i can do is report him and serve up a great steaming pile of NEG if need be.I'm just pissed because playing by the rules i won it fair and square.. when you make those second chance offer things you are supposed to cancel them or wait 24hrs for it to expire before then offering it to the next bidder.What he did is send me the offer, but also email the underbidder who phoned him up today and apparently agreed a deal.

yep at the end of the day he can do whatever the feck he wants, its his car.. all i can do is report him and serve up a great steaming pile of NEG if need be.I'm just pissed because playing by the rules i won it fair and square.. when you make those second chance offer things you are supposed to cancel them or wait 24hrs for it to expire before then offering it to the next bidder.What he did is send me the offer, but also email the underbidder who phoned him up today and apparently agreed a deal.

Sounds like bumboy got offered more money by mystery man on the phone. It was like a bidding war you had no chance of winning because he didn't include you, being the crab felching wanker that he is.

I've been with eBay since I don't know when, but they really have pushed me away with their constant support for whingers, con-artists and general cnuts. I've a few more bits to sell but after that it'll be adios. Bunch of farking bastidges.

I've been with eBay since I don't know when, but they really have pushed me away with their constant support for whingers, con-artists and general cnuts. I've a few more bits to sell but after that it'll be adios. Bunch of farking bastidges.

Thing is, how many hundreds if not thousands of people think the same way? It's easy to say it would be good if everybody did the same but I am sorry to say it's not gonna happen. It's a shame, cos ebay WAS good, but now they have just got too arrogant.

There was a story in the paper today, women sells iPod on ebay for £265, buyer pays by paypal, seller sends by recorded delivery and recieves proof of delivery including signature of the actual buyer. All good, then Paypal retain the 265. Seller supplies proof of delivery but paypal do not accept it and hang onto the money. It turns out the buyer has decided to reclaim the money off his credit card company for whatever reason and rather than do anything about it Paypal just decide to get the money back off the seller instead. Guardian intervenes, paypal insist they are within their rights to do this, Guardian points out which bit of Paypals own T & C's they are breaking, Paypal agrees to release the money to the seller 'as a goodwill gesture'! what a system.Paypal is great, but I would never use it for transactions of more than about £20-25, cos sooner or later you're gonna get bummed by them, its inevitable.

Been bum raped by PayPal more than once. Closed my account that was lkinked to the bank account - now just have one linkd to one of those pre-load visa cards - that way I cant lose more than whats pre loaded onto it.

HOWEVER...Paypal do NOT refund for vehicles, I know this for a fact. That means if some twonk pays for the car in advance then claims he hasn't actually got it (or it's misdescribed) he/she won't have a leg to stand on.Selling abroad using large amounts via Paypal is interesting though as they seem to automatically think you're a money laundering drug baron and people smuggler.