Halford Advanced 28Pc 3/8" socket set £10.62 with code

sofarsogood

These will be obsolete lines that were discontinued a good year or so ago.

Many of the stores showing stock actually won't have any, it'll just be down to a stockfile error - A set will have been stolen or opened up and parts used to replace warranty ones.

Make sure you ring the store after reserving them and get them to actually physically check they have one because you're quite likely to have a wasted journey otherwise.

Well, they sell much better small sets nowadays with screwdrivers, torx and hex bits.

I have a wee Aldi set that has almost everything I need.

I have a shit load of sockets, screwdrivers and so on in a big tool box in the shed and yet the thing I use most is a £14 kit from Aldi because its handy and contains pretty much everything I need most of the time.

Should really sell my other shit.

Hmmmmm.......

post-9282-0-72862700-1503054244_thumb.jpeg

I managed to get hold of two 1/4 27 piece sets and picked them up from Halfords today thanks to the eBay link but missed out on the 3/8 set.

So I've got one to keep in the back of the motor and one for my mechanically inept brother for Christmas in the hope that he doesn't keep hassling me to look at his car (I bought him the Halfords advanced screwdriver set last year)

The young lad who served me said that three 3/8" sets were allocated to the store but all were bought up before getting put out as he and two members of staff bought them first and who wouldn't at that price so I guess most stores did the same.

He said that they were hoping that I wouldn't come in for my two sets as the mad thing was there was similar sets for sale for around £60 to £70 when I looked around the store.

The professional/advanced stuff for the money is generally very good in my opinion, been using it over 15 years now.

It's certainly not infallible and I've broken a few bits over the years - the torx sockets in particular are quite brittle and I've broken probably a couple of dozen now, although in fairness that's because I keep using them with an impact hammer to shock free rusted/seized fittings. They've always been replaced FOC without quibble though.

I have - many many times - ratchets and breaker bars a speciality

The breaker bars aren't really up to the job, and like twosmoke300 above I've broken several - in my case, always the 24" long 1/2" drive ones and it's always at the joint where the pin goes through the end of the bar. Did two in a single day once - raised an eyebrow as it was the same guy that served me on both occasions when I went in to get them exchanged. Ratchets I've never had an issue with though - indeed, two of the three of mine are still original from the kit I bought 15 years back, the third only finally crying enough earlier this year.

I have - many many times - ratchets and breaker bars a speciality 

Breaker bars are a "consumable" item ( especially when extended a bit by a length of scaff pipe).

I do like the fact I can break one shifting a stubborn nut and go and get a replacement from Halfrauds.

Oh crap.

Just realised that I put this in the wrong thread!

http://autoshite.com/topic/29212-halfords/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1290813

This came through on my email today: http://x.email.halfords.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=4203bb7fe2b32ead87586a1b27e978c6

WORKSHOP15 to get a further 15% off tool prices. Might be a good time for me to stock up on Imperial tools.

I've done a click and collect on a set of AF sockets and spanners to fill my collection up a bit better.