Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

For sale TDR 125 £650 Hertfordshire - 12 months MOT ideal winter hack etc...

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 ONLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 6,436 posts
  • 58 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

I've rarely heard a bad thing about a 'cat & when I do it's been they aren't as sports focused as newer bikes. Sounds ideal if your considering longer rides to me.

Most bikes with a 2nd gear issue are down to being ridden by twats who don't fully engage the gear before wacking the power on, I suspect a slightly less sportyness feel to the bike might reduce the number of previous twats on the V5. My bike is known for 2nd gear issues just the same, it's only just started to happen occasionally at over 100k as I'm not trying to wheelie it all the time.

• LostnotFound likes this

#32 OFFLINE   Jerzy Woking

Jerzy Woking

• Full Members
  • 799 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationNorth Essex

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:09 AM

We have a late 90's CBR600 in yellow at the unit at the moment that has been tempting me to a terrible extent to buy it from my boss.

The downside is that I don't have a license, I can see a plan forming if you like it though.

Tell me more - I'm after another CBR600 to join the yellow one I already have if it's going to be for sale.

2005 Saab 9-5 with Noobtune/Abbott/Maptun upgrades .

2000 Mercedes S202 shiter, work in progress.

1994 Citroen AX, my winter bike.

#33 OFFLINE   Jerzy Woking

Jerzy Woking

• Full Members
  • 799 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationNorth Essex

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

I picked up a Thundercat from Madmopedracer  in Glasgow for a mate who was after his fist big bike, and rode in down to London without an ache or pain at the end. Feels physically larger than both my CBR600 and SV650 (both cracking bikes).

You are quite welcome to test ride either of these (if you have insurance) to see what two leggy bikes feel like - I'm near Tower Hill during the week.

#34 ONLINE   Eddie Honda

Eddie Honda

• Full Members
  • 3,364 posts
  • 22 thanks

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

a Thundercat

Thunderpussy, the laydees version of the Thunderarse. :D
  • Jazoli likes this

#35 ONLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 6,436 posts
  • 58 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Just saying.

• Jerzy Woking and Eddie Honda like this

#36 OFFLINE   LostnotFound

LostnotFound

• Full Members
  • 299 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

I picked up a Thundercat from Madmopedracer  in Glasgow for a mate who was after his fist big bike, and rode in down to London without an ache or pain at the end. Feels physically larger than both my CBR600 and SV650 (both cracking bikes).

You are quite welcome to test ride either of these (if you have insurance) to see what two leggy bikes feel like - I'm near Tower Hill during the week.

Cheers for the offer that is very kind. I don't have insurance for other bikes unfortunately. The VFR I'd been recommended has already dropped in price a bit, it should be sold by the time I'm back from Hoolibobs but, I'm taking that as a sign we're reaching the end of summer and hopefully there will be a few bargains about.

• Jerzy Woking likes this

Don't get angry sitting in traffic, buy my bike instead! 

http://autoshite.com...-bike-for-less/

#37 OFFLINE   Jerzy Woking

Jerzy Woking

• Full Members
  • 799 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationNorth Essex

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:53 PM

Offer is always there. The VFR is a good bike but can be a bit of a bugger if the mild steel header pipes go (and they will). It's not an engine out job as some will make you believe, but needs some dismantling of the rear end. Also adjusting the valves is a chore, so if its cheap, check both of these.

FWIW my 1997 CBR600 I bought from a dealer for £400 (with a full history and a full service 1,000 miles earlier) but it was too old to put on their shop floor, and needed a end can (the original was weirdly rotted) and the rear shock was a bit weak. eBay saw an original end can come my way for £15.00, and the rear shock was rebuilt by a local motocross shop for £25.00. Only FTP in 30,000 miles was caused by the fuel pump dying, which cost about £20 to replace.

20151017_161214.jpg

The SV was (I think) £600, and needed nothing more than a clean and some rusty bits rubbing down and painting.

20150319_094934.jpg   

• Barry Cade. likes this

#38 OFFLINE   LostnotFound

LostnotFound

• Full Members
  • 299 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:01 PM

Some nice looking bikes there, looking at completed listing on ebay rather than what people are trying to sell bikes for is pretty interesting. The VFR advert does make a mention of having new headers fitted, I would guess those issues are why then!

#39 OFFLINE   Jerzy Woking

Jerzy Woking

• Full Members
  • 799 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationNorth Essex

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

My brother bought a VFR750 from someone my friend sold it too, but who never used it due to new house and baby. It was garaged with the front half on a bit of carpet, the rear half on the concrete floor. My brother had hell of a job undoing all the nuts and bolts on the rear end, but everything on the front undid easily. Newly laid concrete must seep out moisture.

My brother found a way of changing the headers fairly easily by removing the rear shock. A lot of trouble really, as he told me last week he has only done 30 miles on it in 2 years (and that was to and from the MOT centre twice)

#40 OFFLINE   catsinthewelder

catsinthewelder

• Full Members
  • 2,894 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationLudlow

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:06 AM

Sorry chaps, I think my cunning plan to get back onto two wheels has hit the buffers. CBR is still available but I can't take on the Yamaha.
96 Disastra Estate in Vulgalours hat purple
94 Peugeot 405 Estate
93 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

#41 OFFLINE   LostnotFound

LostnotFound

• Full Members
  • 299 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

Sorry chaps, I think my cunning plan to get back onto two wheels has hit the buffers. CBR is still available but I can't take on the Yamaha.

That's a shame, it'll probably still be for sale for ages so plenty time to iron out any issues!

How much is your boss after for his CBR / do you know what year it is?

#42 OFFLINE   LostnotFound

LostnotFound

• Full Members
  • 299 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:25 PM

Ok well the new bike is in the garage, and my latest credit card bill has arrived which in combination means this really does need to go. 

So with a lowered price to dangle as a carrot in front of everyone are there any takers? I'd rather do a days overtime at work than deal with Ebay buyers etc... so if anyone does fancy this on here please let me know.

#43 OFFLINE   andy18s

andy18s

• Full Members
  • 2,856 posts
  • 6 thanks

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

there's a Tdr owners page on Facebook which has a few looking to buy....
2x Vivaro vans.....for now amyway

#44 OFFLINE   Wack

Wack

• Full Members
  • 527 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationWarrington

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

I had a vfr800 , other bikers took the piss a bit asking where the slipper rack was but I really liked it , a mate had a vfr750 as a commuter , the only issue was the collector box which rusted into dust , £300 for a new one I believe

#45 OFFLINE   LostnotFound

LostnotFound

• Full Members
  • 299 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:16 PM

there's a Tdr owners page on Facebook which has a few looking to buy....

Cheers I'll go and have nose over there.

I had a vfr800 , other bikers took the piss a bit asking where the slipper rack was but I really liked it , a mate had a vfr750 as a commuter , the only issue was the collector box which rusted into dust , £300 for a new one I believe

My 750 has brand spanking new downpipes / collector box fitted as part of the condition of it being sold through the garage I bought it from. The rectifier has been done as well in the past which hopefully covers the two main bits buying guides warn you about. 

#46 ONLINE   hairnet

hairnet

• Full Members
  • 7,422 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

Just saying.

friend on a forum is snarf for exactly this reason :D

#47 OFFLINE   UltraWomble

UltraWomble

Wombling Free since 1971

• Full Members
  • 4,831 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationGranadaLand

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:50 AM

Seriously - If I could hide this from the missus till the end of the year I'd have this.

Fuckity arse bugger

GLWTS

The Picasso is the future Morris Minor.

15432673358_e48791f84f_t.jpg

Thanked by 1 Member:
Mr Laurence

#48 OFFLINE   LostnotFound

LostnotFound

• Full Members
  • 299 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:11 PM

Just dragging this to the top with a bit more on the 1st post. Now has 12 months MOT which just needed me to fit the pads I'd already purchased.

I hadn't ridden it since getting the VFR so took it for a run last week, started up first time after sitting a few months (it got a new battery approx 6 months ago) and whisked me at 70mph quite happily. Then just bunged it in for the aforementioned test.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users