SOLD TDR 125 £650 Hertfordshire - 12 months MOT ideal winter hack etc...

LostnotFound

I've rarely heard a bad thing about a 'cat & when I do it's been they aren't as sports focused as newer bikes. Sounds ideal if your considering longer rides to me.

Most bikes with a 2nd gear issue are down to being ridden by twats who don't fully engage the gear before wacking the power on, I suspect a slightly less sportyness feel to the bike might reduce the number of previous twats on the V5. My bike is known for 2nd gear issues just the same, it's only just started to happen occasionally at over 100k as I'm not trying to wheelie it all the time.

We have a late 90's CBR600 in yellow at the unit at the moment that has been tempting me to a terrible extent to buy it from my boss.

The downside is that I don't have a license, I can see a plan forming if you like it though.

Tell me more - I'm after another CBR600 to join the yellow one I already have if it's going to be for sale.

I picked up a Thundercat from Madmopedracer  in Glasgow for a mate who was after his fist big bike, and rode in down to London without an ache or pain at the end. Feels physically larger than both my CBR600 and SV650 (both cracking bikes).

You are quite welcome to test ride either of these (if you have insurance) to see what two leggy bikes feel like - I'm near Tower Hill during the week.

I picked up a Thundercat from Madmopedracer  in Glasgow for a mate who was after his fist big bike, and rode in down to London without an ache or pain at the end. Feels physically larger than both my CBR600 and SV650 (both cracking bikes).

You are quite welcome to test ride either of these (if you have insurance) to see what two leggy bikes feel like - I'm near Tower Hill during the week.

Cheers for the offer that is very kind. I don't have insurance for other bikes unfortunately. The VFR I'd been recommended has already dropped in price a bit, it should be sold by the time I'm back from Hoolibobs but, I'm taking that as a sign we're reaching the end of summer and hopefully there will be a few bargains about.

Offer is always there. The VFR is a good bike but can be a bit of a bugger if the mild steel header pipes go (and they will). It's not an engine out job as some will make you believe, but needs some dismantling of the rear end. Also adjusting the valves is a chore, so if its cheap, check both of these.

FWIW my 1997 CBR600 I bought from a dealer for £400 (with a full history and a full service 1,000 miles earlier) but it was too old to put on their shop floor, and needed a end can (the original was weirdly rotted) and the rear shock was a bit weak. eBay saw an original end can come my way for £15.00, and the rear shock was rebuilt by a local motocross shop for £25.00. Only FTP in 30,000 miles was caused by the fuel pump dying, which cost about £20 to replace.

post-19526-0-18957400-1503258785_thumb.jpg

The SV was (I think) £600, and needed nothing more than a clean and some rusty bits rubbing down and painting.

post-19526-0-86104700-1503258724_thumb.jpg  

My brother bought a VFR750 from someone my friend sold it too, but who never used it due to new house and baby. It was garaged with the front half on a bit of carpet, the rear half on the concrete floor. My brother had hell of a job undoing all the nuts and bolts on the rear end, but everything on the front undid easily. Newly laid concrete must seep out moisture.

My brother found a way of changing the headers fairly easily by removing the rear shock. A lot of trouble really, as he told me last week he has only done 30 miles on it in 2 years (and that was to and from the MOT centre twice)

Sorry chaps, I think my cunning plan to get back onto two wheels has hit the buffers. CBR is still available but I can't take on the Yamaha.

That's a shame, it'll probably still be for sale for ages so plenty time to iron out any issues!

How much is your boss after for his CBR / do you know what year it is?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok well the new bike is in the garage, and my latest credit card bill has arrived which in combination means this really does need to go. 

So with a lowered price to dangle as a carrot in front of everyone are there any takers? I'd rather do a days overtime at work than deal with Ebay buyers etc... so if anyone does fancy this on here please let me know.

there's a Tdr owners page on Facebook which has a few looking to buy....

Cheers I'll go and have nose over there.

I had a vfr800 , other bikers took the piss a bit asking where the slipper rack was but I really liked it , a mate had a vfr750 as a commuter , the only issue was the collector box which rusted into dust , £300 for a new one I believe

My 750 has brand spanking new downpipes / collector box fitted as part of the condition of it being sold through the garage I bought it from. The rectifier has been done as well in the past which hopefully covers the two main bits buying guides warn you about. 

• 1 month later...

Just dragging this to the top with a bit more on the 1st post. Now has 12 months MOT which just needed me to fit the pads I'd already purchased.

I hadn't ridden it since getting the VFR so took it for a run last week, started up first time after sitting a few months (it got a new battery approx 6 months ago) and whisked me at 70mph quite happily. Then just bunged it in for the aforementioned test.

• 1 month later...

Ok thats fine , would be interested in coming to look at it. can't seem to send private messages as they don't appear on my profile? (maybe because I am new not sure) phone number is 0898 I’MWETFORYOUMMMOUKNOWYOUWANTIT if you could send me a text or something.

Humbly suggest you change some numbers for letters (eg seven instead of 7, eight instead of 8, etc) as a Spambot might pick your mobile number up and you’ll get bombarded by some wanker trying to sell you a rusty Rover P5, a mobility scooter or a brake-less Suzuki Ignis.

Maybe 'cos you wouldn't be messaging yourself?

Try clicking on LnF's name instead

Help file says there should be a message tab on the pull down panel by your username, have also been on LnF's name/profile as well but no message tab anywhere I can find there either.