Electric Railway Museum LAST EVER OPEN DAY!!! Sunday 8th October. A Scotoshite and Midlands Massiv Joint Event.

davidfowler2000

How do troops.

Last time the Associated Massivs had a meeting we did the Midlands Air Museum and noted the electric train museum next door. It was closed so we didn't get to see much and it was noted that the museum's site wasn't long for this world.

It was announced recently that the council hadn't renewed the lease for the site and it would have to be cleared so the final open day will be Sunday 8th October 2017. The museum is next door to the Midlands Air Museum at Coventry Airport.

Anyone fancy it before I make any hotel bookings? Fuck it I may just do it anyways.

More info : https://electricrailwaymuseum.co.uk/

EDIT : Current Plan of Action

Attend the railway museum at 1030 for opening. Spend a couple of hours browsing and nattering.

Head to the Wythall Transport museum approx lunch time for the running day and blat about on some old buses for a while.

Dinner at The Red Lion, Alvechurch (Booking required so add your name to the list). Say about 1730ish? Some of us will be driving back to Scotland after dinner. ---BOOKED---

I know what you're saying, but it's at the top of a hill on the edge of an airport. Pretty sure there's never been a railway line anywhere near. Not that that necessarily has any relevance to anything, just strikes me as odd, since no matter how big their collection grows, or how successful, they could never run them.