What do we reckon to........

purplebargeken

Engine bay is a bitch to work on on a 2.0 petrol. Felt like cutting out the inner arch to change alternator. The same 2.0 was very thirsty,underpowered and handled like a boat with very dodgy electrics. Maybe that one was fucked but thats ill i can go on!

If you like wearing a drape coat, drainpipe trousers and crepe soled shoes, they're fine.

I wear all the above and drive every vehicle I own whilst wearing them.   I still wouldn't buy a Cruiser although lots of my friends do, I grant you! 

Verdict - automotive equivalent of Showaddywaddy

It's all gone Bill Murray.

http://autoshite.com/topic/18506-chrysler-cruiser-thoughts-please/page-1

giphy.gif

I think it's the in-thing to hate them on here. Personally, I really like this van conversion done by a fella on the blue forum. Derv daily business driver as well. I'd happily drive it.

http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/166465/retrofuturism-pt-cruiser-panelvan-conversion

post-4721-0-02045700-1502790959_thumb.png

Whether you like the looks of the PT Cruiser or not is a matter of personal taste and can thus not be discussed.

But if you like it and hence contemplate to buy one, be warned!

You have to be content with the lamest, gutlessest, sluggishest, lifelessest slow coach ever devised by humankind.

It is powered by yawns. It can't pull the sausage off the plate. It's woefully phlegmatic. There isn't a term invented

yet to appropriately describe its ineffable torpidness.

So I disagree with the wearing drape coat, drainpipe trousers and crepe soled shoes thing entirely.

It's much more appropriate for the grey cardigan with grey creased trousers and padded moccasin wearing bromides.

They should have called it the PT Snoozer.

I'm defending the Cruiser here. At least Chrysler tried. All this boorishness over them being crap.

No, THIS is crap. More crap than a faded red scrapyard 3 cylinder Vauxhall with a sea of grey plastic trim.

elderly-couple-flips-honda-in-bel-air-ta

Honda-Jazz-main_1564505c.jpg

If I didn't have to follow another at sub 15mph again, it wouldn't be soon enough. Pure vomit.

Designed purely with death row in mind.

Bought purely because 'it'll do'.

Sold to another grey/beige because 'it'll see me out until I die'.

I'm defending the Cruiser here. At least Chrysler tried. All this boorishness over them being crap.

No, THIS is crap. More crap than a faded red scrapyard 3 cylinder Vauxhall with a sea of grey plastic trim.

elderly-couple-flips-honda-in-bel-air-ta

Honda-Jazz-main_1564505c.jpg

If I didn't have to follow another at sub 15mph again, it wouldn't be soon enough. Pure vomit.

Designed purely with death row in mind.

Bought purely because 'it'll do'.

Sold to another grey/beige because 'it'll see me out until I die'.

They're considered sporty little cars in America