Holden..wasnt that a STOP sign?

fotorabia

My mates pride n joy..an ex cop 3.8 V6 Holden Commodore [normal ones are 3.6] got thumped by an old boy in a van who ran a stop sign..

although the Commodore doesnt look bad..the frame is out but 2mm..which could effectively write it off...thats the $24000 insurance question...

Posted Image

the death warrant ripples?

Posted Image

hot non-cop muscle..!

Posted Image

due to these wheels he wants to repair it..

Posted Image

and spots of the day...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And if you can't straighten it out - AS bodge of the week - adjust the tracking to compensate!Seriously tho, if it's not a goer then why not take the lump out of it and drop in into another straight body (wheels included)also: lol at the puny front brakes on that beast.

A friend of mine has not long finished repairing a written-off Vauxhall Monaro, some weapon that is! I love it, he took me for a spin in it, you just have to get it moving then potter round in 5th gear with the engine doing about 800rpm, brilliant!

...Vauxhall Monaro, some weapon that is! I love it, he took me for a spin in it, you just have to get it moving then potter round in 5th gear with the engine doing about 800rpm, brilliant!

SHUT UP! Surely the point of a Monaro is to be bellowing down the road at several thousand RPM, heading very rapidly towards the horizon and praying to jesus mary & the orphans that a tractor doesn't pull out a side-road?Anyway, pack the broked Holdens engine up in a box and stick in the post over here, would go lovely in some rancid old Carlton with placca wheel trims & rusty arches. PS: That Granada (Falcon?) Van thingy is supa dupa kool. I would love one.

LTD van? Didn't Ford actually try and sell LTD saloons here for a while? Must've struggled, given how much they looked like Granada.Toyota's a Corona isn't it?Hirst will like the Mitsubishi!I saw a Monaro recently, and confirm that it sounds nice even at low rev's. Local Vauxhall dealer had one (probably the one I saw) for £25k.

Do you know for sure it's an ex-cop car? As far as I can tell, cops over the Tasman use V8s pretty much exclusively, although apparently a few Falcon turbo sixes have been creeping in over the past few years...Even if it is ex-boys-in-blue, the engine might have been tuned but it's definitely not enlarged. Headlamps say it's a final-series VY which was the last generation to use the old pushrod Buick 3800 (as indeed the photo confirms) - subsequent VZ was the first Commodore to get the four-cam Alloytec 3.6.

Do you know for sure it's an ex-cop car? As far as I can tell, cops over the Tasman use V8s pretty much exclusively, although apparently a few Falcon turbo sixes have been creeping in over the past few years...Even if it is ex-boys-in-blue, the engine might have been tuned but it's definitely not enlarged. Headlamps say it's a final-series VY which was the last generation to use the old pushrod Buick 3800 (as indeed the photo confirms) - subsequent VZ was the first Commodore to get the four-cam Alloytec 3.6.

it probably isnt..i think my mates bullshitting me..but i do know another one..no body kit and cost $4000 at auction..i know the Aussies are definitely V8s....but im still sure lots of kiwi cop cars are 6s..the actual car scares the shit out of me...the mention of tractor trailer units pulling out in front of u...had that happen in a model similar nr Napier whilst my suicidal friend was doing 150kph..i vowed never to get in it with him again..

N Z police use a lot of 3.8 commodores . They do also have some mean looking highway cars which I think are corvette v8 -edA few years ago they had some Subaru Legacy twin-turbos too :DEdit..It would not surprise me if the chassis was bent by Mr Plod before your mate got it. They do damage most of their cars :cry: