For sells: Another DAF 66 Kombi!

Fabergé Greggs

• 2 months later...

Firstly, sorry to Sigmund for flooding the market with Daf 66 Estates. This little number was once wuvvum’s and then PBK’s. 

I love this little thing, and have put many monies, times and energies into making it useable. My tenure has been a thoroughly enjoyable one. 

It’s ex Stondon motor museum, and one owner before that I think. PBK may have some history squirrelled away. Because of it’s life in a museum it’s very solid though it does have plenty of little scratches and some little surface bubbles here and there. No rot though! 

Once out of Stondon it was re-commisoned which included new sills, brake system overhaul and carb rebuild. 

Since I’ve had it I’ve done: 

NOS Exhaust 

New belts

New diaphragms

Vacuum valve rebuild 

Air filter 

Oil filter 

Oil changes 

Valve clearances 

Rocker gasket 

Fuel pump 

Fuel line 

HT leads 

Dizzy cap 

Rotor arm

It also comes with a very nice set of 5 brand new Vredestein Classic tires in the impossible to find correct size. These were very kindly donated by Eddie Honda and transported across the country by Chodweaver in a true display of autoshite at it’s finest. It's reasons like this that I can only really stomach letting this car to go to someone in this here community..

What does it need? 

It’s got a grumble from a wheel bearing, easily doable. It hasn’t got any worse since I’ve had it. 

There’s a little tear on the driver’s seat fabric, and the fabric itself is on the skwiff a little giving the drivers seat a slightly off kilter appearance. 

Umm, that’s all I can think of. 

It’s last MOT expired in May, but of course it’s now MOT and tax exempt and has been in regular use since and would easily pass another if that was your bag. 

Being a little auto estate it’s a joy to run around London and smaller roads, and is throughly nippy when needed to be. It’s been my only car, used at weekends as I mostly commute by bike or Vespa. My circumstances dictate that I need something that I can zoom up and down long motorways occasionally  though and this doesn’t quite do it. I also really fancy something that I can put the Vespa in, or maybe that has a tow hook. So try me for swaps! All vans considered if they fit a scooter, and all cars that would go on a classic policy considered, as long as they could handle a thousand miles of mid winter motorway trip with ease..

The shiters only price is £1500. I reckon you’d be hard pushed to find a more charming and useable vehicle for that!!

Sad face. 

IMG_7054.jpg
IMG_1727.jpg
IMG_1719.jpg
IMG_1723.jpg
IMG_1725.jpg

I need something that I can zoom up and down long motorways occasionally  though and this doesn’t quite do it.

I beg to differ - I drove it 120 miles at motorway speeds when I delivered it to wor Kenneth's, and it was fine - and that was before the diaphragms were done.

• 2 weeks later...