Richard

I know that many on here would prefer the bubonic plague rather than own a mkiv Flog. However, having done many miles in my fiancées old one, I can confirm that they are trusty old steeds, brilliant on fuel and a lot of car for the money. We were gutted when ours became scrapyard fodder following a t-boner by a giffer in his Transit.

What I'm trying to say is, good luck with the sale - its a reet barg!

This is what the computer reckons of the last 1500ish miles. Mostly town driving, bits and pieces of country roads.eb4fd7e31e81540fab75c6ca07c27a49.jpg

Immediate edit: it's the 110bhp VE pumped engine, you can tell by the red I and the fuel pump. It will probably run on veg happily enough if done properly, apparently direct injection doesn't particularly like running on it cold.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Contis, posh.

I've always wanted to dislike these, but after being in and driving a mates I changed my view. Boring yes, but solid feeling and actual springy suspension - unlike most rubber banded German stuff you get nowadays. Yes cornering is shit, but that's made up by the absorbing qualities of the suspension.

VAG shit, but one of the last reasonably decent one all round with generally solid engines and boxes.

£300 for that is a megabarg.

I've got the Leon version and it's been immense. Despite losing 5th gear I'm still seeing around 50mpg.

In fact I'm looking to get a slightly more presentable one for me other half.

She'll probably hate it at first but when she realises she's only filling it up once a month will think hmmmmmm!!!!

This is an utter bargain!

Im now skint but if this is still here when I next get paid (doubtful) I'd be very interested!

Unless you fancy roffling it? no, didnt think so.

The last car we roffled ended up back in my hands quite rapidly. I don't want to take that risk this time!

• 2 weeks later...

The tyres are a completely painless 195/65x15. Somebody on the local sales group has just listed a set of these wheels with mixed ditchfinders, no centre caps and no car attached for £75.

Cock, that'll no work for the e36 without a second set of wheels:(

Cheers for the info

Do it. I've had one of these for over a year now as my work hack and also long distance family tank. It's been great and I've had zero probs so far. Mine's a year 2000 with about 189,500 miles on it. Solid.

I did kicking on 15k in this since january, it's really rather good at just being a car. Very rarely needed anything done except the starter and the subframe. Which is probably for the best since access isn't the greatest. Headlight bulbs particularly. Not an issue though as all 4 plus the sidelights have been replaced with Osrams just a month or so ago, I kept killing cheapies with basically all of my driving being at night.