Serious Dutch banger racing! Granadas! Volvos! Jags! Clogs!

The Reverend Bluejeans

Seeing that Caprice Wagon and the Continentals getting destroyed makes me cringe.

Same here! There's some seriously nice cars (the yanks especially!) get wasted over there, it's a shame but the majority of them are rotten. If you see them in the pits or before being stripped and painted they are awful. The amount of work those lunatics put in to get them out on the track is staggering sometimes.

Most of them it's just the shell and panels that's the original car, everything else gets stripped and sold off.

A guy I used to work with did it and he'd drag stuff out of farmyards and gardens and think nothing of spending months welding them up and building them, them painting them. Sometimes he'd only get a few laps out of them!

The Mark 1 Consul was a pity really, and the UK registered Humber Septic/Singer Vague...........nicked, or brought to NL by a Brit?

I used to get wound up by it, but I don't really care anymore tbh.

UK teams and drivers do go over there fairly regular. Team 3 Litre often take a few cars, at the 2017 team bangers event they took a Volvo 262C!

The Emmen drivers come here too, they did a Ringwood Vs Emmen unlimited race at both tracks fairly recently and they often come over for the Firecracker event at Arena Essex every November.

Tbh, it used to piss me off watching all my favourite old classics get destroyed but it doesn't now, it's just good fun to watch!

It still winds me up. I wouldn't care if was 10 year old Jap/Korean/Ford/Vauxhall/whatever, I'd rather classics were left to rust in a field than raced. I also don't believe that nothing useful is destroyed, i.e good condition panels. There was a banger boys film posted up a while ago full of Farinas etc, but that was in the 70's so they were fair game. They also seemed to want to race with contact, rather than smash the shit out of each other and fold cars in half.

It still winds me up. I wouldn't care if was 10 year old Jap/Korean/Ford/Vauxhall/whatever, I'd rather classics were left to rust in a field than raced. I also don't believe that nothing useful is destroyed, i.e good condition panels. There was a banger boys film posted up a while ago full of Farinas etc, but that was in the 70's so they were fair game. They also seemed to want to race with contact, rather than smash the shit out of each other and fold cars in half.

Well, there are more to be bangered. This is, once the current owners of these things have died off, who the bloody hell wants an A60? I sure as hell don't.