Golf Swapperised - now at new home.

purplebargeken

Looking into retiring a year earlier than planned. Will take a hit on the monies but I no longer care. I have had enough and feeling shit just compounds this.

The cars:

TR7 engined Toledo - staying no matter what, sorry.

1972 Daf 66 Estate - will be up for sale, make me an offer. Cleaning up nicely. Replacement bonnet and front panel fitted. Interior 99% mint.

F reg Volvo 340 vario - already up for sale. Utterly charming car.

Golf 1.6 CL - up for sale at £295, or swap for the value of £400 (will then include mint VW alloys and tyres).

Beetle 1.6 SR - £285

Repair standards from a long time ago lol. Wonder how many nuns and kittens died?

Okay, bit of an update. Firstly thanks to the folks who pm'd me about the Daf. Much appreciated.

There was one young AS'er who marginally pipped everyone to the post about the Daf and came over today and did the deed.

I have no doubt he will reveal his identity shortly. Needless to say he is a happy bunny and a worthy next owner I think, same as the rest of you would have been.

Apologies to those who did pm.

The list is thus:

Golf 1.6CL at £325

Volvo 340DL variomatic at £offers

Thanks everyone.

Ken

Repair standards from a long time ago lol. Wonder how many nuns and kittens died?

My Cowley still bears some of these repairs....Arguably it wouldn't have survived the last 60 plus years without them! 

Don't know what finished the one previous owner off, but pretty sure it wasn't bodgery. 

GLWTSs PBK, glad to see the Toledo isn't one of them, even though I would love it.

The Daf is now in the hands of it's new owner who seems delighted with the purchase and the PBK after sales support. The round the corner warranty has now expired lol.

The Volvo is nestled in the garage and has had the dust cleaned of it. All shiney and cool. 

Tempting to keep it but if the right offer happens.....

The Golf can go for £295. 

The cunning plan for the Beetle is now defunct and my friend has negotiated the return of her car and has sorted out insurance for herself. The Beetle was going to be used to get her out of a hole, however, this is no longer an issue.

The Beetle is also for sale at £285.

Nothing major I think. There is a warning light on the dash which relates to lambda sensor (I think).

The passenger window has a mind of it's own but is easily cured with a new regulator for about 35 quid and an hours work.

Couple of lumps, bumps and scuffs here and there. Interior is pretty reasonable. The colour suits it. Decent runner tbh. Cat C or D in the past.