LOOOOL Swedish dectective LOOOL flatpack Ikea moose LOOOOL

Partridge

Recently I was thinking about giving up on shite. I've sold the Jag, so did the only reasonable thing, and went out and bought an old Volvo estate.

It was for sale in Thetford, which is a bonus because I love Thetford - bits of it remind me of the Deep Forest (snigger) track in the Gran Turismo series. Plus, there's US air bases near by so lots of Yank chod is rolling around, and flying around.

Anyway, the car.

Nearly 170k on the clock (just broken in m8), no history, £460. Did I buy it? You betcha.

My other half drove me to get it in her Fiat Panda for added LOLZ. Gave the seller some little bits of paper with pictures of The Queen Fill up, get the money shot and go.

24318g4.jpg

No big collection capers to report, which is a good thing. The temperature gauge climbed halfway and stayed there, and it sat on the A14 and got on with it. 

Only faults I've picked up so far is what sounds like a binding caliper on the back (rear Ds&Ps and shagged anyway) and it sits slightly low on the passenger side.

It's proper, proper comfy and the heated seats will actually roast your arse if left unchecked. The sound system is pretty good as well. Working tildy slidy sunny glassy thing as well.

post-5737-0-20377900-1502308459_thumb.jpg

Satisfyingly beige and gopping.

post-5737-0-02571200-1502308526_thumb.jpg

Pointless but adorable and weirdly cool headlamp wipers. Gr13 for clearing Scandinavian snow, but feck all use in Cambs.

post-5737-0-24094300-1502308607_thumb.jpg

Push it, aaaaaaaaah, push it, push it reeeeeeeeaaaaallllll good.

post-5737-0-23528900-1502308673_thumb.jpg

2.0s are saaaaaaad.

post-5737-0-10220900-1502308823_thumb.jpg

I think somebody as used this poor headrest as a dart board. LICK AND SHEAR TO SHOW UR SUPPORT FOR ENDING THIS CRUELTY.

So yeah, it's a Volvo with leather.

post-5737-0-04639500-1502309229_thumb.jpg

Partridge, over and out.

Yeah this is pretty awful. 

The boot carpet looks like a lawn. 

Yeah, I'm going to set the swing ball up in there and spray it with Evergreen Feed 'N' Seed later.

Appropriate, because it has more tree than the Forestry Commission.

Ooh, my ideal spec V70. Dark blue (same as Gus' from Breaking Bad), cream leather and lots of 90s wood*. Well bought.

Any interesting Yank shite spotted during the collection? Last time I was in Thetford I saw a late 90s Ford Taurus, which was awful, but still appealing to me anyway.

So, I've just done the 300 mile round to trip to my folks house in it, and can sate that it is gr13. Relaxing as Ovaltine and as reassuring as Trevor McDonald's voice.

I have found my I'm-driving-a-£460-car-with-working-heated-seats face.

post-5737-0-22354900-1502568453_thumb.jpg

Smugness soon turned to sadness.

post-5737-0-75097900-1502568530_thumb.jpg

I wondered where those fucking splinters were coming from.

Sad now.

post-5737-0-26712000-1502568566_thumb.jpg

A steering wheel cover has gone right to the top of the list. Where can I get a suitably gopping one?

Other than buying a piece of tat from Argos, I've found what other jobs need doing on it:

Find out where a bloody annoying scraping sound is coming from. Worst case, wheel bearing, best case, just the knackered pads making a racket.

There's a creaking sound from the aux belt. Better get that looked at.

The driver's side heated mirror doesn't work.

Change the gearbox oil, because it is rank.

Still dead chuffed with this car though. I can see why my Dad liked them, 'back in the day'.

You must have gone the long way, France is only about 140 miles away from bed ford shire.

Well bought Mr P, all the best people have Volvos that people who like proper Volvos consider to be not proper Volvos.

Bedford? Fucking Bedford??????? I'm in CAMBS. Much better class of slightly incesty towns.

I consider it a proper Volvo, even though I know it's not a proper Volvo - but to me it's a proper Volvo because it's not a proper Volvo.