Multinational People Movers feat Decker Dave and the Jolly Green Giants

cms206

No, just no.

It's really no hassle at all.

Would absolutely love one...sadly lacking in the space of relevant licence entitlement.

Sorry to hear they're pulling the contract early...defeats the purpose of putting dates on them really doesn't it...

It was a five year contract award, July 2016 to July 2021; initially it was awarded for 70, then 90 (we had a Dennis Dragon which could have covered that...) then 100 (... which the Dragon couldn't cover). We initially ran it with two single decks but last year we won another 8 contracts which meant we really could have done with a big decker on it, hence the Jolly Green Giants. The pupil list has now hit 115 on a 100-seat contract.

The Scottish Government have decreed that all dedicated school buses must now be seatbelted from January 1st 2020 and put simply to seatbelt the two serviceable Jolly Green Giants would cost somewhere in the region of £8k - simply not worth doing for the remaining eighteen months of the contract, especially considering that the older of the pair will be just shy of it's 37th birthday in July 2021. By (eventual) mutual agreement the council are terminating the contract early at no cost to us and putting it out to re-tender. Our remaining eight contracts are all single deck and expire in July 2022, but there are tendering rounds every six months or thereabouts so we won't be short of work.

HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION!!! etc.

I'll post a more betterer update tomorrow, but as a taster... how would YOU like to own your very own Jolly Green Giant?

Our friends at the Council have finally made their minds up and the contract which gives the JGGs meaningful employment will finish two years early on Friday June 28th 2019 meaning that our three will be disposed of shortly thereafter.

You have ten months or so to save up and find storage if you're interested... ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I will not be showing this to the Mrs, she wants a bus for some reason!

Guess what I have just shown the Mrs, she wants to know how much a bus is!

Fuck's sake

You are lucky, Scotland seems to be a fair bit behind many areas, as a lot of local authorities have demanded DDA compliant vehicles, and shortly in the Leeds Metropolitan area, if it isn't Euro V, tough, no contract for you, this will of course force many companies under. I bet if you were forced to use DDA compliant vehicles, the contracts simply would not be viable

I was hoping to be reading the epic in service tales of these old girls for a few more years yet, I feel quite crestfallen now, damn red tape and councils etc....

What will replace these vehicles CMS?

Not to worry. My big yellow pain in the bank balance will still be about. It may even do autoshite events.

Guess what I have just shown the Mrs, she wants to know how much a bus is!

Fuck's sake

We paid £3,333 each but I can work the figures... they're scrap bound if they don't go. I'd reckon under £2k but would need to sharpen the pencil a bit.

Hey, over 30 years old so fine on a car licence? NOTHING COULD GO WRONG.

14ft 6in tall, 39ft long, 8ft 2.5in wide - ideal for rural Wales Ian.

I was hoping to be reading the epic in service tales of these old girls for a few more years yet, I feel quite crestfallen now, damn red tape and councils etc....

What will replace these vehicles CMS?

To be honest they won't be replaced as such; our next biggest contract is for 62 kids which is in the hands of one of our pair of 72-seat Leyland Tigers which will likely be on fleet for a good number of years to come. Moving down in size are a 61-seat Iveco EuroRider (our newest coach on a 12-plate), two Volvo B10Ms, a trio of Volvo B7Rs and finally a 29-seat Merc Cheetah which is due out the paintshop this coming week.

I think the scrapman's torch is the best thing for them. I can see why you 'terminated via mutual consent', Margins are tight to non existent, better to keep going with work that just about pays, than get motors on tick that you cannot pay for

I think the scrapman's torch is the best thing for them. I can see why you 'terminated via mutual consent', Margins are tight to non existent, better to keep going with work that just about pays, than get motors on tick that you cannot pay for

They're mechanically in fine fettle; one has already found a home and it looks like the other two may have too, even the canabalised one.

We didn't terminate the contract, the local authority did when we collectively reached stalemate on vehicle seatbelts; the only mutual agreement was that we would face no financial penalty from the contract being terminated before term.

Ironically the contract concerned is our biggest paying contract in terms of price per day by about 800 quid a week and we don't do too badly from the other ones either.

• 3 months later...

HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION BATMAN!!!

Hiya. 

So, it's nearly the end of the year and we are still hanging about like a bad smell. We suffered a spot of a messy divorce with our parent company back in May and as a result most of our spanky, shiny kit fucked off back to finance companies/head office. That said we are still here, still kicking, and still running the Jolly Green Giants.

OR ARE WE?

When the schools went back we had decided to use the altogether tidier Volvo-powered, 100-seat Olympian as the school bus for the final year.

Then the numbers jumped. And jumped. And jumped again. Initially this meant using the 119-seater Olympian, but we are now up to 128 names on the list and climbing. As a result, we are now disposing of our 100-seater... so, ladles and jellyspoons, how would YOU like to own a genuine, SVM Approved, Autoshite celebrity Jolly Green Giant?!

(fuck it. I had success selling an old Transit 16-seater on here so might as well!)

THE LOW DOWN:

1986 C-reg Leyland Olympian, DOFR in the UK 06/09/04 though originally first registered in Hong Kong 04/02/86.

Single door, 100 passenger seats (61 upstairs, 39 down) plus driver with 0 standing. Power comes from a turbocharged Volvo 9.6-litre 'TD102' engine mated to a 3-speed Voith automatic transmission, MOT expires 02/09/19, analogue tacho fitted last year with a 2 year expiry of 29/08/19. Tyres all legal, bus is ready to roll. Given a long enough bit of flat road it will do 60mph but it's not keen on hills; average fuel consumption is around 7.8mpg (UK). It is roughly 39ft long, 14ft 10in high, 8ft 2in wide and the body is VERY straight. Budget tyres are roughly £160 each, road tax I'm sure is £500/yr. Unusually for an Alexander R-type it's pretty water tight and doesn't leak.

It was originally Kowloon Motor Bus no. 3BL152. I think.

Bus is located in Barrhead (G78 1AA) near Glasgow - 20mins from Glasgow Airport, 20secs from Barrhead Railway Station. Delivery may be available at cost for genuine shiters. Genuine reason for sale - can't get 130 kids on the sodding thing.

Price? There is a question. It is advertised elsewhere at £3k+vat but isn't moving so the next stop, most likely, is for scrap. By way of a SHITERS DISCOCUNT I can field offers to the gaffer but £2k including vat may well be doable, maybe less.

So... anyone interested? ;)

post-4240-0-65861600-1544466956_thumb.jpg

post-4240-0-38862800-1544466979_thumb.jpg

post-4240-0-22264300-1544466988_thumb.jpg

post-4240-0-53157000-1544466996_thumb.jpg

post-4240-0-04925700-1544467008_thumb.jpg

post-4240-0-31294800-1544467017_thumb.jpg

post-4240-0-62012500-1544467028_thumb.jpg

post-4240-0-82972200-1544467040_thumb.jpg

post-4240-0-32231000-1544467047_thumb.jpg

post-4240-0-52711500-1544467053_thumb.jpg