Volvo 340 DL - fuck it, it's staying.

purplebargeken

Really do need this to be going to a new owner.

3 door Volvo 340DL. It's the 1.4 engined variomatic transmission conveyance.

The good bits:

I'm the second owner.

It comes with handbook stuff and the dealer cassette. Never seen or heard of that before.

I had the car mopped and polished and it looks rather nice.

I fitted new rear tailgate struts so the tailgate no longer crushes your skull each time you need to root around in the boot.

It has older Fox alloys fitted with excellent and almost new looking tyres. Chrome wheel nuts now fitted.

Steelies are in the boot but they will need a refurb.

The interior is 99.9999997% mint. The door card on the drivers side is slightly damaged on the meagre arm rest type bit. The rear view mirror fell off in the excessive period of heat that we had a few weeks ago. I will fix.

New 4" door speakers fitted, sounds very nice indeed.

Keep fit windows! Heated seats, although not sure if they work as it's been pretty warm anyway.

Everything works.

Oh yes. Mileage is showing as 14,000 but according to the MOT history it's likely 50,000 higher. Poss speedo change, sorry folks for any issues there.

The downsides:

The N/S front wing has some rust on it, at the very bottom of the rear bit. It's repairable.

The drivers door is missing a rubbing strip and the door itself has a couple of shallow dings in it just on the swage line.

A couple of the wheel arches have been scraped and will need a minimal bit of repairing. Not horrible but they are there. 

The N/S rear 1/4 panel has been scratched.

It has a goodly bit of MOT on it and has 'get you home' tax on it.

It is a smart looking car despite the bodywork issues as mentioned above.

It starts, runs and drives as happily as a happy thing, even better now the exhaust is fixerated.

New number plates awaiting delivery cos they didn't match and looked shit.

Shitters only price is now £750 to reflect the fact that I can't find the poxy V5C.

b5b06229-4dd4-4bcf-9eab-9c4202753669_zps

DSCN1658_zpskfamyc6m.jpg

DSCN1657_zpsnmxbigxh.jpg

DSCN1656_zpsk4myijix.jpg

DSCN1659_zpsivloysa9.jpg

340%20Interior_zpsbad3xuld.jpg

That's absolutely lovely, I hope we can gang together and keep it out of potless drift wannabes hands. I can't shift my Abarth, otherwise I'd love this, it'd be ace to blezz to work and back in now and again.

A lot of them have moved on now. The v3m forum is utterly dead and I never see them going sideways any more.

The novelty gearbox will also prevent this occurring in 99/100 cases.

I like these. A lot. I've had 3 and my parents had 2 more. GLWS.

Have these got the gearbag up the back or is that just the "big block" ones?

The bulky variomatic gubbins occupy the same space under the back seat as the manual versions, transmitting the drive via shafts to each rear wheel on a De-dion back axle.  The centrifugal clutch sits where a normal clutch would be.  The way these CVTs work is fascinating.  Almost constant revs whilst accelerating and probably quicker off the mark than a worn Stop/Start rep-mobile which takes at least 2 seconds to do anything useful.

GLWTS.