Skizzer’s Elite: Lotushite

Skizzer

No I haven,t managed to sort anything picture hosting I should but not very good at things like that,i do have pics of it on my PC but never posted them...

Its a nice car in Lotus lemon yellow with oatmeal interior on a factory NG plate aswell but has a special history...

You can upload pics from your PC directly to Autoshite, you don't have to use a third party hosting service.

Welcome back to the forum, Mr Skizzer.

What a superb thing it is. It is the only Lotus I would like too - it is the shape of them, rather than any love for the underdog. The Elite made an impression on me when I was a child (I suspect I am about the same age as you) - even the name Elite. Elite is good; I thought so then and I still do now.

I went on a short run in one when they were new. A friend of my grandparents had one in (IIRC) metallic gold, with I seem to think brown velour. The guy worked in the oil business, spoke with a kind of mid-Atlantic accent and looked like Jason King.

My grandparents only lived round the corner from us, so my grandfather must have phoned my dad to say he was there in his brand new Lotus - would I like a look. I went round with my dad like a shot and my grandparent's friend offered to drive me back to my parent's house so I could have a little trip in it. Indulgent of him really, particularly for the time. It was only a short distance, but I was so overwhelmed by the ride in a Supercar that I couldn't remember where I lived, so suffered the ignominy of him having to drive back to my grandparent's house so my dad could pick me up. I was only about eight, but still feel a slight chill of embarrassment, even now.

I remember the Dictaphone my dad had in the 'seventies, since he used to work at home quite a bit. I can still hear him saying "miss a line - new paragraph," and ""signed, dated etc." It makes me slightly sad, since he isn't here to say it any more.

Skiz, you masochist!

Not content with a lunched Gamma, you now buy a 70s throwback that the " experts" deride, is known difficult, that you have no space to park and I'll wager the family know little of!

You hero! I do look forward to the write ups, the frustrations, the elation, and the next purchase. My type of bloke.

Where's BV by the way? Have we pissed him off again?

Welcome back to the forum, Mr Skizzer.

What a superb thing it is. It is the only Lotus I would like too - it is the shape of them, rather than any love for the underdog. The Elite made an impression on me when I was a child (I suspect I am about the same age as you) - even the name Elite. Elite is good; I thought so then and I still do now.

I went on a short run in one when they were new. A friend of my grandparents had one in (IIRC) metallic gold, with I seem to think brown velour. The guy worked in the oil business, spoke with a kind of mid-Atlantic accent and looked like Jason King.

My grandparents only lived round the corner from us, so my grandfather must have phoned my dad to say he was there in his brand new Lotus - would I like a look. I went round with my dad like a shot and my grandparent's friend offered to drive me back to my parent's house so I could have a little trip in it. Indulgent of him really, particularly for the time. It was only a short distance, but I was so overwhelmed by the ride in a Supercar that I couldn't remember where I lived, so suffered the ignominy of him having to drive back to my grandparent's house so my dad could pick me up. I was only about eight, but still feel a slight chill of embarrassment, even now.

I remember the Dictaphone my dad had in the 'seventies, since he used to work at home quite a bit. I can still hear him saying "miss a line - new paragraph," and ""signed, dated etc." It makes me slightly sad, since he isn't here to say it any more.

I come here for this stuff as much as I do the cars.

11/10.

Right I MUST learn how to upload pics....

Someone talk me through it and I will try and post a few of my Elite,the pics are on my computer at the moment but that's as far as they have got!

Never know might do a few of the Safrane aswell if I can get to grips with it.

You can upload pics from your PC directly to Autoshite, you don't have to use a third party hosting service.

Can someone explain to me how you do that?  I only post pictures on Autoshite and not to ever have to use Photobucket again would be a great relief.

Lovely car, great dramatic styling.  

To continue the tradition of my telling the same story a million times on here in various threads...

A gold one of these, parked on Lower High Street Stourbridge, gave me the eye (just the one) when I walked past it as a young teenager.

TADTS, because Lotus.

Can someone explain to me how you do that?  I only post pictures on Autoshite and not to ever have to use Photobucket again would be a great relief.

Lovely car, great dramatic styling.  

Start a new thread or reply to one, click here and select your chodpic

post-9424-0-85887600-1501927636_thumb.jpg

click 'attach this file' to upload to the AS database

post-9424-0-47556800-1501927651_thumb.jpg

click 'add to post' to add to post

post-9424-0-89665700-1501927668_thumb.jpg

This will appear.

post-9424-0-46065500-1501927683_thumb.jpg

preview or submit your post and Voila! Yellow Sherpa ragtop joy!

post-9424-0-65539400-1501927695_thumb.jpg

V nice Mr Skizzer......so what's the story with the Lancia ?

The Lancia is parked outside my house awaiting inspiration. The FTP was diagnosed as ignition module, but I've replaced that to no avail. Green Flag was supposed to take it 5 miles to Gonnella Bros in Catford for fixing but helpfully* dragged it 200 miles to mine instead. Next move will be to trailer it to my shed where I can have a look at the cambelts and/or get an autoelectrician on to it. Luckily I've found one with bravery and skills. Between Lotus and Lancia he'll need both.

My type of bloke.

Where's BV by the way? Have we pissed him off again?

I'm honoured sir!

BV got banned a while ago. I don't know (or much care) exactly why but there was lots of unpleasantness and he generally seemed to be in the middle of it. I enjoy his company and taste in cars but he can be rather cranky sometimes (because reasons) and I like the mods on here as blokes and as mods so I've just stayed out of it. His fleet is in fine order and he has found a new good mobile mech, his old one having retired.

Yo Skizz, I just popped in to say that's gr9.

I've been hankering after one myself for a while .. Well, something with Lotus 907/912, and I do have a soft spot for a shooting break ... If you need somewhere to hide/store it for a while I'm sure I could find space ;)

Noted! That could happen :-)

And Scimitar rear light clusters? (presumably pinched off something else?)

I prefer to think of them as Aston DBS rear lights and Range Rover door handles ;-)

There's an urban myth that the rear lights are Rootes Arrow but they're not, Arrows don't have integrated reversing lights. They are shared across Lotuses, Aston DBS/V8 and Scimitar; I don't think they are off a mass market car but am open to correction...

Welcome back Skizzer! I did a massive WTF when I saw this on your Flickr photostream. I've loved these since I was a kid too.

I take it the interior has been retrimmed at some point, as shouldn't there be some suede content? Not that it matters, it's awesome whatever.

Here is mine I hope I I got this right!

You certainly did. Things don't get any righter than that. Wow.

Yes, mine has had a retrim at some point, quite well done I think. They often had suede dashboards but I'm not sure it was compulsory.