Pony Express from dahn sarf to op t'north and back. 22nd Jan / 25th Jan Post 8 onwards.

Talbot

As I will be doing the journey anyway..  Pony express is available from the south coast of the UK right the way up to Edinburgh, and back again.  Journey up will be on Tuesday 8th, return journey most likely Thursday 10th of this month.

Will be going in a Merc W210 Estate, so LAAAARGE items are possible.  Quite happy to have engines/gearboxes/subframes etc, in the car.

My company are paying for my mileage, so the cost will be limited to the *diversion* I need to take from my planned route (IE minimal cost)

I also have an A-frame towing dolly (which operates the vehicle brakes, so is a little more legal than most) so could transport a whole car if needed. (although it needs to be at least vaguely roadworthy, even if it doesn't need MOT/TAX etc.)

Anything?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

As per the Updated thread title, I am doing this journey yet again.  Slight difference this time is that I shall be doing it with a car transporter trailer on the back.

So, as per before.  I'm travelling North on Monday 22nd Jan, and then south from Edinburgh on either Wednesday 24th Jan on Thursday 25th.  The trailer will be (very!) full for the first part of the journey from home to about Lincoln, where I will be dropping off a Merc W210 with it's new owner.  Thereafter it will be empty, which seems a shame.

Anyone need anything moving?  Whole cars?  A recent ebay purchase?

If there is absolutely nothing to move, I may have to see if I can find somewhere to store this trailer between Monday lunchtime and whenever I am on my way back, as I don't really fancy the prospect of dragging it all the way to Edinburgh and back if it's empty!

I need a pushbike frame taking to East Lothian from Manchester as it happens. Could anyone get it to you?

If it can be got over to Leeds/sheffied/doncaster area, I can grab it and take it up. To divert over to Manchester might be possible, I'll see what the extra mileage would be..

I need a pushbike frame taking to East Lothian from Manchester as it happens. Could anyone get it to you?

Depending on the route the OP is using; if the M1 you drive it to Woolley Edge services or if M6 then you drive to Charnock Richard or Lymm services. I'm sure a rendevous could be arranged.

Depending on the route the OP is using; if the M1 you drive it to Woolley Edge services or if M6 then you drive to Charnock Richard or Lymm services. I'm sure a rendevous could be arranged.

My preference is A1 and A1(M) as I will be going from lincoln to Edinburgh and don't really want to have to schlep over to the M6 if I can avoid it. Will be using the M6 on the way back though.

Wooley edge services, or any junction on the barnsley to wakefield bit of the M1 is definitely do-able.

I'm shit with geography but there's a car in warrington that I need to be in Liverpool , 14 miles total

I may be able to do this on the way back. What car is it? My transporter trailer is slightly narrow, so there is a limit on what will fit, width-wise. Length and weight are less of an issue...

My preference is A1 and A1(M) as I will be going from lincoln to Edinburgh and don't really want to have to schlep over to the M6 if I can avoid it. Will be using the M6 on the way back though.

Wetherby services then? A bit of a schlep from Manchester, but if the bike needs moving...