Autoshite Benevolence Vehicle

BorniteIdentity

Some of you will remember the story of my bezzie Emma (she assisted with collection of the Sierra bASe).

She has stage 4 cancer which means it's incurable, and she will die from it sooner rather than later. The majority of people have died within 5 years, and Emma was first diagnosed late 2013.

Because her diagnosis is stage 4, but not yet terminal, recent changes mean that she is no longer entitled to a car. Let's not politic here, but the hospitals where she receives treatment are 10 and 17 miles away. She also has 2 young children and an eldest child at university.

My plan is to give her this Audi 80 that I've been given, once fixed. As a Plan B, does anybody have anything for sale/long term loan at the cheap end of the market? I'd like her to be in something that she's not ashamed of as, being blunt, it's likely to be her last car. She also likes cars.

Anybody got owt they're likely to change soon or got up for sale elsewhere?

Hope someone can help.

I have the red Golf 1.6CL manual M or N reg IIRC. It's tidy inside, tidy outside bar missing lacquer on the roof and bonnet. It has good tyres, new exhaust, GTi interior (just saying).

Could do with plugs, oil and filter change but that is it. Soild as hell underneath.

Long term loaner option fine by me or outright purchase at £295.

Car in North London.

I've "Liked" the first post for the principle involved, but absolutely not for the cause. Best wishes to Emma. If I had something suitable that was spare, it would be hers immediately.

Bless you, Edward Ramrodward, and all that sail upon you.

I know her perfect car would be a BMW e36 with some tasteless alloy wheels on it. I may see what's about tbh.

Thanks for all offers of help so far.

Is there anything or anyone want to do a raffle for a car they are looking to move. We all buy tickets ,give them all to Emma and she wins. Car owner gets paid . Jobs a good one.

In case I missed something..... do you still have the Gay Pug littering up your street?  Would that be a candidate?  Count me in if so!

What about a different sort of roffle prize.

Could be you donate a fiver and a random item from your shed. Cash goes to the car fund, Winner gets 58 random items.

Or a drive of the bASe Sierra?

You could borrow something awful and hand that over. See how good her acting skills are? ????

I don't have anything either (might be offloading the Granada soon but it sounds as though she has had enough bad luck in life already)

I have nothing either, but would be happy to put a modest amount into a crowd fund type arrangement to get Emma back on the road.

Leaving aside any politicking about the fact she's no longer eligible for a car being funking outrageous, its a subject that is fairly close to my heart just recently, my sister was diagnosed with cancer just before Christmas, fortunately she seems to have been one of the lucky ones and got the all-clear a few days ago after the first round of treatment (obviously with the usual monitoring for the next 5 years)  I'd happily make a donation to those who have not been so lucky (either by way of a roffle ticket purchase or straight cash) and if I can do that directly to a worthy cause rather than a faceless charity then all the better.

I don't suppose a 2003 Honda Civic 1.4 3 door would be anything like suitable?

It's a bit battered, done 153k but drives perfectly, tbh I hadn't really thought of getting rid of it just yet but it gets used maybe twice a week as I now have a job that's walking distance from home, MOT to February, cam belt and associated gubbins done last year when I was commuting 120 miles a day in it air con, remote locking heated mirrors etc etc (Yawn),

I know it's probably nobody's dream car but it seems a shame for it to just sit on the drive 99% of the time while someone who really needs a car doesn't have one,

It's up in Kendal so possibly a bit far away but give me a shout if you think it might be of interest, price would be not very much ONO

I've got the Roffle Renner Safrance sitting here if she likes the look of it? I'd be happy to do it on a long term loan situation.

post-5550-0-46159000-1501690837_thumb.jpg

It's a 2l auto so not the most frugal but in the 300+ miles I've done this week it says it's doing 26 mpg but that's been permanently in sports mode and I tend to have a heavy boot so more mpg's is possible. It's only got about a months mot but if it gets the nod I'll stick it in for a test asap and get it a years ticket. The only issues with it are the rev counter doesn't work and the gearbox warning light is on and has been for years apparently, the gearbox is fine. I'll plug it in to my machine tonight and see if that'll go away.

On the plus side it's big & roomy, comfy to drive and has a boot so big you'd fit at least 3 dead mafioso in it.

The offer is there for this or I'm happy to buy a ticket for the roffle idea mentioned above.

I came on to do a for sale thread for my Laguna, but I'll put it forward as a 'roffle for Emma' candidate instead.

HXJyICP.jpg

2 litre petrol; 38mpg on a run, 32 round the houses. Non-turbo, non-auto, non-dizzler, so reasonably 'safe' for a Gooner.

Mot April, tax to get you home. Located in Coventry but I'd deliver it for a good cause if that helps. Half a tank of pez in too, which I'm unlikely to use up before the end of the month.

Lots of space for kids, big boot, looks fairly presentable... 123,000 miles.

Formerly fettled by Mr_Bo11ox and won in a previous roffle by me about 14 months ago. Has three new Firestone tyres and one very good Continental. Front springs replaced recently; Mr_B did the rears, so that's one known weakness covered. Sunroof drains cleared so no leaks upsetting the electricals. Top end is a bit clattery at idle due to a dodgy dephaser pulley. Doesn't really affect the drive so I've not done owt about it; clatter disappears once on the move. Dent in n/s/f door and another in the driver's door frame. Plenty chips and scratches including one in the windscreen that doesn't affect the mot. Air con not very cold. Engine light has just come on; cheapo Ebay code reader sez: "lambda sensor innit m8". Will replace if/when I get a chance.

I'd roffle for £5 a ticket.

This is all gr16. Thanks gang.

I will see her majesty next week. I'll see if/what she fancies.

She's a nice lass. When I can find the video footage of her on ITV 18 months ago I'll post it up. It's very moving but sums up the situation beautifully.